Expandas Member Spotted

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Happy Birthday to the young fella @Smirke. Will be quite the party if you and @davemc catch up, kids going every where! Either way, enjoy the Centre and continued safe driving.

Oh... and your fuel filler is open. Might want to close that. :)
Yes. Hubby forgot to shut the flap.
4 boys running amok, we can clear out a park in no time!!!!
Kieran says thanks @dagree .

Reactions: dagree

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi @Smirke , I am very interested to know what you think of the G'day Mate park. We will be in Alice in a couple of weeks for the Masters Games and couldn't decide where to stay but ended up booking at the Big4 $$$$! I hope it's nice. Enjoy the birthday celebrations :clap2:

Reactions: Smirke

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
Hi @Smirke , I am very interested to know what you think of the G'day Mate park. We will be in Alice in a couple of weeks for the Masters Games and couldn't decide where to stay but ended up booking at the Big4 $$$$! I hope it's nice. Enjoy the birthday celebrations :clap2:
Have previously stayed at the Big4 @Wanda, worth every cent

Reactions: Wanda

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi @Wanda . It was @davemc that was at gday, we are at the big 4. It's an ok park to stay at (anything after the goldcoast big 4 will be a letdown, that had REALLY nice amenities).
The bit I don't like is the water slide is only open from 3pm to 5pm. Not an issue if you don't have kids, but with 4 separate pools I can't see why they don't let it run. My boys were upset by it and so was I as they advertise it a lot on tv over here.

Spoke to someone today who had their primus fridge/freezer, pram and alcohol stolen. Have been warned to leave nothing outside and to always have everything locked. So far, so good.

Forgot to say, the pools are heated!!!

Reactions: davemc and Wanda

Wanda

Jun 22, 2013
Adelaide
Hi @Wanda . It was @davemc that was at gday, we are at the big 4. It's an ok park to stay at (anything after the goldcoast big 4 will be a letdown, that had REALLY nice amenities).
The bit I don't like is the water slide is only open from 3pm to 5pm. Not an issue if you don't have kids, but with 4 separate pools I can't see why they don't let it run. My boys were upset by it and so was I as they advertise it a lot on tv over here.

Spoke to someone today who had their primus fridge/freezer, pram and alcohol stolen. Have been warned to leave nothing outside and to always have everything locked. So far, so good.

Forgot to say, the pools are heated!!!

Thanks for that info, Mr W is racing in the motorbike events so we will need to be very careful with the bike's security. I wonder if it would fit in the en-suite? :heh: :lock1: We do have security/lock-up plans but with any luck the park may have somewhere secure we could keep it. Big4 Alice Springs were at the Caravan and Camping show here in Adelaide promoting the Games and their accommodation options, so I'm hoping they might be able to help us out. Either that or I'll be up most of the nights looking like this :eek-53: making sure it's not being knocked off!

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I lock everything up every park just in case. At Tennat creek we removed all sign of iPad holders and brought into van crash cam, handheld UHF and TPMS.
Heard everything not locked down wanders.
Was told the same in Alice they lock down the G'day mate at 7 every night need a code to get back in.
People next to us at Uluru have a 12v sensor light which I might get

Reactions: bigcol and Wanda

millers

Mar 25, 2011
Adelaide
Working in the West and spotted these Expandas

Free_Camp_1.jpg
Free_Camp_2.jpg

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Caught up with @Swerve on Friday when I popped into meet him and his wonderful family......
Funny thing is the conversations all kept turning into caravan or 4WD discussions 8-)

Gave them a few ideas for their trip and was given a few in return for when ever we get over to the other side!

Still has me stumped how he got from Sydney to here in 72 hours and looking as refreshed as he did.

Good to put another face to a nickname from here and wishing them a good and safe trip around this part of the country!

SMJ x2

Apr 12, 2015
PERTH
Caught up with @Swerve on Friday when I popped into meet him and his wonderful family......
Funny thing is the conversations all kept turning into caravan or 4WD discussions 8-)

Gave them a few ideas for their trip and was given a few in return for when ever we get over to the other side!

Still has me stumped how he got from Sydney to here in 72 hours and looking as refreshed as he did.

Good to put another face to a nickname from here and wishing them a good and safe trip around this part of the country!
Hmmm, will have to pick your brain for when we head over east in March.:)

Reactions: bigcol