Expandas iphone app banner

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Hi guys bit of feedback using an iPad.

Site seems clunky and slow to refresh, but that bloody expandas iPhone app banner drives you to distraction.

It doesn't move out of the way and the close button doesn't work, total pain.

Fyi using iPad 1 and generally don't use tapatalk or any other iPad specific forum apps just Safari.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi jim, I was lucky enough to get an iPad mini for my birthday and it works great, I don't seem to have any issues! Try updating your iPad, I got a notification from the App Store to upgrade, I think it's now 6.1 version or something like that, I also only use safari. Hope that makes a difference.

cheers.

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Problem is burnsy is every update the iPad gets slower. Apple just didn't learn from MS mistakes. So am reluctant to upgrade anymore. Really I spend to much time on forums sometimes so any deterrent is probably good for me LOL

Thanks

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
I have disabled tapatalk for now....

Let me know if the banner is gone.

In terms of site accessibility browsing on a mobile device to summarise your feedback -

1) The app banner is not good

2) Site is clunky

3) Site is slow to refresh

Is that it in summary and where you experiencing this before we redesigned the site?

Cheers!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I have disabled tapatalk for now....

Let me know if the banner is gone.

In terms of site accessibility browsing on a mobile device to summarise your feedback -

1) The app banner is not good

2) Site is clunky

3) Site is slow to refresh

Is that it in summary and where you experiencing this before we redesigned the site?

Cheers!

yep pretty much. i might add that the other reluctance to "upgrade" earlier i devices is also you loose google maps in favour of Apples version.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
yep pretty much. i might add that the other reluctance to "upgrade" earlier i devices is also you loose google maps in favour of Apples version.

Couple of things, I am firstly sad to her the redisgn has made things worse vs easier and I will look for some resolution on that front.

Basically what we are looking to do is -

1) Detect if you are on a mobile / tablet device

2) Provide you with the option of either -

a) A stripped down look and feel that resizes to your screen. This removes all the images etc on the site which slows it down on tablets etc.

b) The full site if you prefer

These changes will come over the next couple of weeks but if you have any further feedback about how we can improve the site access I would be keen to here it no matter how large or small an improvement.

Cheers!

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
no worries Dion, thanks for considering my points. yep a mobile option is good i think.