17' Series Expanda cover for17.56.1

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Hi everyone,
I am new to this,we have just upgraded from our Swan to an expanda in Oct 2012 and wondering if anyone knows a good cover for a reasonable price I can cover my van with. had one we bought online for our swan from I think CaravanCovers.com or similar to that and we found it only lasted 2 years and it wore out and faded.

Looking to buy as soon as I find a good one.

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Been doing some homework these covers can get expensive.Jayco sell one itch waterproof top breathable sides.
Has anyone tried them and if so are they any good.

Wayne2410

Jun 5, 2011
Central Coast, NSW
Been doing some homework these covers can get expensive.Jayco sell one itch waterproof top breathable sides.
Has anyone tried them and if so are they any good.

Hey Cheznick5,
We have the 17.56.1 ourselves and using the Coast to Coast cover brought from Jayco. Got a discount because we're Jayco owners ( cost about $300 from memory) and I find the cover to be better quality than the last one (prestige) we got on eBay. The coast to coast covers also come with eyelets that makes it a lot easier to cover - this feature alone made it worth while.
Good luck.

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
fantastic guys thanks I will pick one up next week as they are on special at the moment for under $280.00 that's why I wasn't sure if they were ny good. we had a prestige cover for our swan and it fell to pieces wasn't happy.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Ours is on our 17 outside in the wind, cold, rain, heat etc, and it is fine. Try and get it as tight as you reasonably can so that it doesn't flap in the wind and that helps prevent damage.

I have taken it off the van after 3 or 4 months and the van is just as it was when I put the cover on. Even if I have to replace it every 3 years, at $300 it is still my cheapest option.

You won't be disappointed!

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Thanks everyone for the information I will go with the coast to coast thanks pace for the offer on yours but the are currently on sale foe the same price so I will buy new just in case I need the warranty. Thanks again.

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
What size would everyone recommend for a 17.56-2 Outback, reason I ask should I buy a bigger one as it is higher??? Sorry if it is a stupid question!:bolt:

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
No it isn't a stupid question - there's no such a thing on this site!

Ours is a standard van and the cover we have, covers down to about half way down the wheels. This is OK for us as the body of the van is covered.

I don't think that the body of the van on the OB is any bigger in height than the standard, it is just that the bottom of the body of the van is higher off the ground because of the suspension etc which gives you the extra ground clearance. Obviously this makes the van taller overall. If you wanted a cover that reached the ground, I am pretty sure that Coast to Coast do a 17' cover for caravans and pop tops.

Cheznick5

Jan 21, 2013
Merimbula, NSW
Hi Hubble i have the 17.56.1 tourer and the 18-20 foot fits fine i think the same cover will be fine as it is only the chassis that is higher not the van walls