16' Series Excited nearly Expanda owner

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
Hi all,
My husband and I have just bought a 2015 16.49-1 and take delivery on the 4th of November. We have recently sold our Swan OB and look forward to a simpler setup style.
We are thoroughly enjoying all the information that everyone has shared on the site . . . . thank you.
Last weekend we bought our Expanda off the floor on a day we set out to just investigate our options . . . . Luckily the wait is only due to having an available delivery slot and not the months we waited for the Swan OB to be built!
It has been a wonderful week. We welcomed our first grandchild (a little boy) and an Expanda to the family. Woohoo!
Ingrid

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
LOL, Must have been a good salesman!
Congratulations @Travelsofar Nov 4 is not far away
Funny!
We were pretty convinced that it was an Expanda that we wanted and it had most of the things that we wanted. Perfect timing really. I think we made the sale ourselves. The sales lady didn't have to do much . . . . Not having the long wait with Christmas coming was a real bonus as well!
I never knew that real height bench tops could be SO exciting!

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
Funny!
We were pretty convinced that it was an Expanda that we wanted and it had most of the things that we wanted. Perfect timing really. I think we made the sale ourselves. The sales lady didn't have to do much . . . . Not having the long wait with Christmas coming was a real bonus as well!
I never knew that real height bench tops could be SO exciting!
LOL. We had a Penguin before our 14.44-5 OB. The full size fridge and all that extra storage especially on top of the cupboards when camped is amazing. We have the toilet and shower in our 14.44-5, that was the real reason we started looking after enduring porta-potti traveling the Nullarbor. Never regretted the changeover one bit.
Now for all the mods to personalize it! Ha ha.
We love spending your money :welcome: by the way.
Lots of pics once you get it!
Cheers Marv

Last edited:
Reactions: Travelsofar

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Have a look at the bench height in the Swift or Flite if you really want to get excited about upgrading.

What luxury in the Expanda.

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
LOL. We had a Penguin before our 4.44-5 OB. The full size fridge and all that extra storage especially on top of the cupboards when camped is amazing. We have the toilet and shower in our 14.44-5, that was the real reason we started looking after enduring porta-potti traveling the Nullarbor. Never regretted the changeover one bit.
Now for all the mods to personalize it! Ha ha.
We love spending your money :welcome: by the way.
Lots of pics once you get it!
Cheers Marv

Thank you! It is amazing how simple things like bench height and storage are exciting. I think we will be thrilled with the new van.
:)

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
Welcome to the site @Travelsofar and congrats on the two new family members!
We, like yourselves, called in to look at a floor stock expanda and walked out with a receipt for the deposit :)

The "Lack" of waiting was worth it ;)
You're right Dagree. I was hell to live with waiting for our Swan OB that was delayed a month from the promised date. So great that there was something we liked on the floor with a short delay for an available delivery slot that allowed us to sell the Swan.

My husband is already plotting and planning modifications and additions! It has also been a great opportunity to sort out what we really need to keep in the van and what is unnecessary to drag around with us.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You're right Dagree. I was hell to live with waiting for our Swan OB that was delayed a month from the promised date. So great that there was something we liked on the floor with a short delay for an available delivery slot that allowed us to sell the Swan.

My husband is already plotting and planning modifications and additions! It has also been a great opportunity to sort out what we really need to keep in the van and what is unnecessary to drag around with us.
Good luck with that, we having been carting a bottle of cheap Benjamin Port and a griddle plate around Aus for 20 years; neither having ever been used. And to step that idiocy up a level they have both been transferred into 2 van upgrades. My eldest son is Ben, so the Benjamin Port has somehow become our "safe travels tikki" ... but not to sure about the griddle plate

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
Good luck with that, we having been carting a bottle of cheap Benjamin Port and a griddle plate around Aus for 20 years; neither having ever been used. And to step that idiocy up a level they have both been transferred into 2 van upgrades. My eldest son is Ben, so the Benjamin Port has somehow become our "safe travels tikki" ... but not to sure about the griddle plate
That's great! When we emptied the old van we threw out the 8 different seasoning salts and decide 2 varieties of sauce was adequate. It was more like an archeological dig than a clean out!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
I just love the tins of tomatoes with a use by date long expired but difficult to determine as a wee bit rusty.

Yes. I know. They've been thrown but were long standing family members.

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
I just love the tins of tomatoes with a use by date long expired but difficult to determine as a wee bit rusty.

Yes. I know. They've been thrown but were long standing family members.
Hmmm there were quite a few rusty treasures in the cupboard.
We did have a win though and found a few well stored Wirra Wirra Churchblock Reds. Just what we need to christen the new van.
(I'll take any excuse really . . . )

Travelsofar

Oct 19, 2015
Sydney
Awww . . . a bitter sweet moment.
The OB Swan has just been driven away by its new owner.
They are taking their son out of school next year and heading around Oz for a year.
So excited for them to be planning for a big adventure.
Now . . . bring on the 4th of Nov! Bye Bye Swan HEEELLLOOO Expanda!