Everest catches on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Adblue caused it ??? BS.. when the Addblue runs out the things usually go into a limp mode, bloody pain the stuff is, sensor problems and other rubbish...............

That light would be flashing a lot on your rig oh Crustycon..............................................mate, buddy, pal.............lol.
Its a red light labelled "Im Jeep'ing". Apparently comes on when the car refuses to do anything

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
It does not take me long to find a Disco on fire. I think if we all googled our cars we find one at least.
If it was not a motoring writer we never of seen it on the news

Yeah I seem to recall discoveries having an issue a while ago too, but like most things discovery wise there's always an excuse cause there the "worlds best 4x4 " ;-)

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
Nope. Couldnt find a burning Navara

http://www.nissan-navara.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=30751
Screenshot_2015-12-07-08-23-39-1.png

Last edited:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
I just read the article. Personally if my car was playing up, I certainly wouldn't keep driving it for another 3 days. It will be interesting to see what the investigation reveals. As for car fires, I agree with davemc, many manufacturers have suffered car fires
Cheers
Nick

Yeah totally agree on both counts mate. There's many reasons a car can burn, but just the same it's a worry on a brand new model and deserves a serious look at.

Landcruisers used to burn oil! Does that count ?

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
Yeah I seem to recall discoveries having an issue a while ago too, but like most things discovery wise there's always an excuse cause there the "worlds best 4x4 " ;-)
ha ha yes well ours is the first revision D3 which fixed a few of the gremlins I was told.
I brought hand held fault code reader/reseter when I had the rear suspension sensor replaced last week.
Can read and reset codes myself saves a 40 min round trip to mechanic although he always been great.
Of course once I brought it no errors all weekend :)
Was actually off this week to drive a Everest :( found one I liked maybe they do a fire sale now

Reactions: Rockape

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
The mid spec has a lot of kit and seems to drive well. I was hoping to know today although kids sick) It really depends on criteria for testing. Seeing they probably only ever take new cars for a test drive only. You can see where they picked the Everest.
I like to see them do a 3-5k road test with cars although they do not have the time to spend in one vehicle.
The bottom range Everest is selling now around $52k onroad which is pretty close to the top of the range Mux and C7. Apart from Leather seats the kit is almost the same. In some ways better on the Everest.
If you look at the Drive COTY most of the contenders are Ford. Wonder if its sponsored ad content :) ahh cynical me maybe...

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Must have won COTY coz they are throwing in a bag of Marshmellows in the buyers choice of flavour with every purchase. The father-in-law always cracked it that the Jeeps were never in the running for COTY, yet they were up against Toymotas that cost $30K more as a base model. Lots of brown paper bags changing hands??? :spy:

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Many years ago there was a journo who bagged out the new BMW with abs, questioning whether it would even meet the ADRs cause it didn't stop on a dirt road! After BMW pulled all advertising across the parent group which included a national paper he either had to retract or resign! As above some clown who drives around for 3 days with warning lights going off is qualified to tell me it's the best car on earth

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
The mid spec has a lot of kit and seems to drive well. I was hoping to know today although kids sick) It really depends on criteria for testing. Seeing they probably only ever take new cars for a test drive only. You can see where they picked the Everest.
I like to see them do a 3-5k road test with cars although they do not have the time to spend in one vehicle.
The bottom range Everest is selling now around $52k onroad which is pretty close to the top of the range Mux and C7. Apart from Leather seats the kit is almost the same. In some ways better on the Everest.
If you look at the Drive COTY most of the contenders are Ford. Wonder if its sponsored ad content :) ahh cynical me maybe...

When I bought a new kluger in 06 I went and looked at the then new Holden Captiva. It was just launched, I wasn't overly impressed but what really put me off was a price tag of some $50k plus for an average model! A year or two down the track and I don't think they were getting $40-45k for them even gold plated? You gonna pay to be first.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I was going to have a look , just a look mind................but the price tag, Ha..............if you wanted a wagon go a C7 or MUX same, same and cheaper.....................

Every vehicle has fire problems nowadays, cram so much crap under the bonnet and no decent air flow things are bound to happen.........my plastic engine cover was slowly gnawing it's way thru an injector cable before I tossed it, so some apprentice in the w/shop ain't gonna see things till they go BOOM.
I recall the days when grass around a drive shaft turned your rig to toast.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
I ruled out the Everest on $'s although did the sums for leasing an actually the top of range Mux and bottom range Everest the same $ almost and only $2k difference between C7.
Gear wise the low spec Everest misses on all the electronic goodies compared to the mid and top.
Although comparing it it to the C7 or Mux. You loose leather seats, steering wheel, side steps, nav. Gain auto lights, 3rd row anchor points. I think the 5 cyl tow the 22' better.
Really got to the stage I need to drive one :) The payload the problem although low spec has more as less stuff on there..
Yes might wait 18 months pick up a s/h one around $40k :)
Depends how much the D3 annoys me although I do think getting a newer Diesel to tow with will make its life happier.

Matty4

Mar 18, 2011
Wandin North, Vic
As above some clown who drives around for 3 days with warning lights going off is qualified to tell me it's the best car on earth $&@? Off!
C'mon @achjimmy that's a bit harsh, considering said clown doesn't even work for Drive or vote on their COTY award, he writes for CarsGuide.
The fact that this particular vehicle was being tested leads to some speculation that it may have had aftermarket equipment wired in that may not have been correctly fitted, resulting in said fire.

But then again, what's written and published on the Interwebs is always 100% accurate and believable, isn't it??

Reactions: Rockape and dagree
Status
Not open for further replies.