Everest catches on fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

twscoot

Jun 9, 2013
Brisbane
Just saw this.

"FORD Australia is conducting an investigation into what caused its latest model — the new Everest SUV — to suddenly burst into flames during a test drive".

Will be interesting to see the cause. Speculation is probably not helpful but I'd be keen to know.

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
They said the fire brigade seemed to struggle to make any impact on the inferno, conceding defeat before they rolled out a hose
images (1).jpg

Holden_man

Aug 21, 2012
Brisbane - Carindale
Said it was driven by a motoring writer for a test drive.. you think Ford would of made sure he got the best one around.

Maybe they can re market it as a HOT SUV :)
Bloody challenging finding the best one.....it would be more like eeny meeny miny moe.... :) Righto boys we are taking that one.... heres a complimentary fire extinguisher for each of you, hop in, hang on, and yell if you smell smoke....

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
This part is worrying as we where looking at this one as only one we can put car seats in the 3rd row
"“A mum with all seats occupied with little kids or babies would have struggled to get them all out, especially if the thick acrid smoke wasn’t being blown to the side by a strong crosswind,” said Mr Barnwell."

Fabulous

Feb 26, 2013
Melbourne
Not a good advert, particularly since they are charging Prado prices for a largely untested vehicle .....

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
In all seriousness with the amount of 'tech' in vehicles these days I think the chances of issues like this are across the board for all makes.
A mate was driving a new Toyota Kluger the other day when the brakes decided to stop working. Alert came up saying to park in a safe place and contact dealer. Had to use hand brake to stop.

But the Everest looks like it got the makings of a great American SUV, spontaneous combustion. I might get one when my Jeep needs replacing.

Reactions: Rockape and Drover

iadizajy

Nov 9, 2015
Point Cook
Think every car suffers from one issue or another. Mates wife had a Mazda CX7 and tried to self combust. Was caused by the electric element in the heater module under the dash. They were lucky not to lose the car.

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
maybe all the computer crap is the problem.. We replaced a sensor in the Disco as Air Suspension alert coming up.
Guess what alert still coming up although car not doing the up and down at lights as before.
So now they think another sensor :( never stops

Reactions: iadizajy
Status
Not open for further replies.