QLD Drover will need a snorkel

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
Big rains and flooding around Droverland ,Bruce highway closed north of Brisbane and in places road has been washed away, rain has now moved inland a little so more water to come down out off the mountains, take care if you are travelling the coast

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I see that, taking very serious interest as we roll for home shortly..... The 6 hour drive may be longer...

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
I see that, taking very serious interest as we roll for home shortly..... The 6 hour drive may be longer...
Neighbour just got home spent yesterday trying to get to Howard for a funeral could not get past Gympie, Apple tree creek pub under water and flooding in Childers RACQ road closures paint a sad picture at present

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Staying in Tenterfield took a run up over the border to Warwick today fine odd showers .

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Looks like the dreaded drive thru Brissie....Bells Bridge is under, Bunya Hwy closed at Goomeri. Not a great deal of rain at my place. Mary River up so no chance of getting to Dans....humid and hot where we are so bugga it, the little red power station us humming away while I watch the cricket in comfort.......no one near and besides some idiot will try to smoke us out with a fire again tonight so Im getting in early, stuff em.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I quite like 0530 sunrise and 1930 dark time though out west its just like DLS anyway....................................

Mary River at Gympie is a sight to see, a few detours around low lying flooded roads but managed an easy drive home, Sunday certainly best time to run through Brissie, dialled up a $ on Jeep and just let in run for a couple of hours heading North............................. Mate in Maryborough says its not great and the pics certainly show the extent of the flooding, no rides on the old Mary Anne steam train for awhile....................

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
I quite like 0530 sunrise and 1930 dark time though out west its just like DLS anyway....................................

Mary River at Gympie is a sight to see, a few detours around low lying flooded roads but managed an easy drive home, Sunday certainly best time to run through Brissie, dialled up a $ on Jeep and just let in run for a couple of hours heading North............................. Mate in Maryborough says its not great and the pics certainly show the extent of the flooding, no rides on the old Mary Anne steam train for awhile....................
@Drover, Your glue like atachment to the 150 degree meridian of longitude is worthy enough to be mentioned in dispatches

• Haha
Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
@Drover, Your glue like atachment to the 150 degree meridian of longitude is worthy enough to be mentioned in dispatches
Having just returned from sampling the latest DLS, do you realise how expensive it is ?????? Happy hour starts around 1600 and usually concludes just before dark so we can scoff some tucker, with DLS it runs a lot longer meaning more grog is needed and the cook has often demolished more wine than normal .... Therefore id DLS is to happen all over the country then the pension should be increased accordingly to cover the extra costs involved in the exercise , something like $80 a week should cover it I reckon....................... So you Victorians and NSW troglodites are getting ripped off.

Reactions: mfexpanda

Johnanbev

Jul 7, 2013
Sunbury VIC.
Having just returned from sampling the latest DLS, do you realise how expensive it is ?????? Happy hour starts around 1600 and usually concludes just before dark so we can scoff some tucker, with DLS it runs a lot longer meaning more grog is needed and the cook has often demolished more wine than normal .... Therefore id DLS is to happen all over the country then the pension should be increased accordingly to cover the extra costs involved in the exercise , something like $80 a week should cover it I reckon....................... So you Victorians and NSW troglodites are getting ripped off.
Such fun and frivolity is to be encouraged. If you didn't have to turn the lights on you could apply the savings on more grog.
Not getting ripped-off is part of not being a cheap drunk!