Does anyone have a towball scale I could loan in SE suburbs Vic?

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
Hi All,

I am planning on moving my spare tyre from the A-Frame to underneath at the rear of the van. I am hoping someone might have a towball scale I could borrow to measure the difference. I live in Narre Warren.

Failing that, I guess I'll have to go to my local car shop and buy one - they aren't expensive however it is something I am only going to use this once anyway :-(

Thanks

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hi All,

I am planning on moving my spare tyre from the A-Frame to underneath at the rear of the van. I am hoping someone might have a towball scale I could borrow to measure the difference. I live in Narre Warren.

Failing that, I guess I'll have to go to my local car shop and buy one - they aren't expensive however it is something I am only going to use this once anyway :-(

Thanks
Ive got a Hayman Reese one at the factory in Dandenong. Not convinced there are all accurate, but your welcome to use it

Reactions: Macca_75

jazzeddie1234

May 19, 2016
Mandurah
You can also use a regular, cheap bathroom scale by placing a (roughly ) 1m plank between it and a brick (or something the same height as the scales). Find the centre of the plank and put a post from there up to the hitch. The scales will now read half the weight so 100kg measured = 200kg at the hitch.
If the scale is still overloaded then divide the plank by another interval (like 0.6) and the scale now reads 40%, etc.
I check the accuracy of my maths with a fully jerry can first.

https://www.swiftcaravanservices.com.au/measure-caravan-tow-ball-weight/