16' Series Crack in wall in my Expander

Janbo

Feb 19, 2014
Adelaide
Hi Gunx, if all else fails... Post to their Facebook page, I am sure you will get a favourable response!!

TACA

Feb 15, 2013
Keep trying with Jayco - mine is 4 years old and 2nd hand and they are replacing the wash basin as it has gone yellow. I have to pay for fitting. I am confident they will replace the wall.
If all else fails - quote the fair trading act which TACA gives a summary of in his post here - http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/so-many-different-things-going-wrong.4605/page-2#post-69793

Glen, I am not sure if the act would cover this as the van is second hand. I would think the only time it would cover it on a second hand van would be if the van was purchased from a jayco dealer. This would then make Jayco the supplier. For gunx sake, I do hope they come to the party. After all, the van is only 4 years old.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
Glen, I am not sure if the act would cover this as the van is second hand. I would think the only time it would cover it on a second hand van would be if the van was purchased from a jayco dealer. This would then make Jayco the supplier. For gunx sake, I do hope they come to the party. After all, the van is only 4 years old.
Gday

Yes - they may baulk out the 2nd hand bit, but even so, it is the van that is under consideration, not ownership. I was happy to pay for the installation because it is 4 years old, 2nd hand and only the basin which has yellowed.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Try getting the foof lining replaced on a car out of warranty, good luck with that

we have the blisters on the rear, took it to the local caravan repair place who in turn sent pics to Jayco, sorry you bought it second hand.

While i was there had a sticky around the workshop, all I can say is I'm still glad I bought a Jayco I just couldn't live with a matchstick van covered in tin foil after what I saw.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Took the van to Ballarat Jayco (Geelong Jayco weren't interested in assessing it as I didn't buy it from them .Fair enough I guess) and had photo's taken and a report done but was told by the service manager that he didn't think Jayco would repair it as i'm the second owner.Hope he is wrong.
Is it insured ? If so if jayco knock you back go though insurance

Reactions: TACA

TACA

Feb 15, 2013
Gday

Yes - they may baulk out the 2nd hand bit, but even so, it is the van that is under consideration, not ownership. I was happy to pay for the installation because it is 4 years old, 2nd hand and only the basin which has yellowed.

It does seem that 2nd hand products do come under ''consumer guarantees'' in some instances. Every thing relates to 'acceptable quality' depending on how much you payed for it. Eg a cheap toaster should not be expected to last as long as an expensive toaster. I will be interested on the outcome.....

Oct 12, 2015
Newcastle
I wasn't so lucky. Jayco declined my request as I am the second owner.

Response from Jaycpo

The warranty is for 12 months only from the date of original purchase when new. Any warranty/goodwill that may be approved outside warranty is for original owners only.

All Jayco warranty repairs get a further 12 months warranty on them. This is well outside any warranty period.

I am sorry Jayco won’t be changing its decision on your van.

don't be rude poor I think