Couple of suggestions

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Hey expanda.

couple of items I have thought about are:

1. At the bottom of threads there is a link to go back to the top of the page. Is it possible to have amother link for the what's new button? Typically I just use the what's new button more than anything else. But in order to move from one thread to the next you first have to get to the bottom of a thread, press the top link and then press the what's new button. Having the what's new at the button removes a step.

2. Is there a way to save a setting against a user so that when you click on a thread it automatically takes you directly to the last read post? Tapatalk does this and it is fantastic.

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Brad, I do not use link to the top of the page, I just use the windows button at the top left corner and that takes me back to the list of new posts and you just click on the next.

When I click on a new post it automatically takes me to the first unread post in the thread.

I hope this makes sense.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
Hey expanda.

couple of items I have thought about are:

1. At the bottom of threads there is a link to go back to the top of the page. Is it possible to have amother link for the what's new button? Typically I just use the what's new button more than anything else. But in order to move from one thread to the next you first have to get to the bottom of a thread, press the top link and then press the what's new button. Having the what's new at the button removes a step.

2. Is there a way to save a setting against a user so that when you click on a thread it automatically takes you directly to the last read post? Tapatalk does this and it is fantastic.

Hi Brad thanks for your feedback it is valued and appreciated!!!

First my responses -

1) Would in the footer where it says "Navigation Links" be suitable?

2) When accessing a thread non tapatalk i.e a desktop or laptop it automatically takes you to the last post you have not read :). So it should be doing this already by default!!!

Let me know if its not doing what it is supposed to so I can try and debug and if the location suggested helps?

Cheers again!

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yes in the navigation links would work.

I will have another look at going to last unread because I think it may be only for some threads. So let me observe a bit more and get back to you.

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
Yes in the navigation links would work.

I will have another look at going to last unread because I think it may be only for some threads. So let me observe a bit more and get back to you.

No problem, the software tracks what thread you have gone to and what post you read till.

It should then by default when you open the thread drop you to the last one you read :)!

I have added the link in the footer to what's new. :)

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
I just thought I would explain how it works which as follows -

If you are looking at a forum and the thread title is bold in colour it means there is a new unread post and it will take you to where this point is in the thread automatically.

If you are looking at a forum and the title is not bold it means there is no unread posts so it takesyou to the beginning of the thread not the end.

Hope this makes sense.

You will also notice posts that have an unread comment will also have a little blue dot next to them in the thread listing this as mentioned should be the bold threads and is just another way of identifying them.

Unread.jpg