Cost of Jayco first service at three months

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
I learnt the hard way i didnt get service done and yes my brakes broke down they wouldnt cover under warranty cause i didnt get first service done van my only 1.5 years old costs me 600 bucks and still dont think their right

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Thanks for all the most helpful replies.
We will get the service done.
It is not a lot of money compared to the purchase price and since it is our first van, it will give us peace of mind.
And there can then be no question of problems when it comes to getting things fixed under warranty.

Only 12 days until we pick it up!!!

Mike

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yep. There's always the likelihood of some adjustments to be made after a new van does a bit of work.

But it's exciting and you'll have fun learning and fiddling and spending and fiddling etc etc.

it's amazing what you learn and become obsessed with!

Good luck!

Reactions: dagree

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Yep. There's always the likelihood of some adjustments to be made after a new van does a bit of work.

But it's exciting and you'll have fun learning and fiddling and spending and fiddling etc etc.

it's amazing what you learn and become obsessed with!

Good luck!
Hi Dobbie,
I will admit I am already obsessed with getting the Dometic fridge working efficiently.
Read a lot of complaints about them not performing well in hot weather.
So, I:
Put in heavy wiring in the car from the plug back to the battery.
Soldered all connections.
Bought a shade cloth for the offside to keep the sun off the fridge vents.
Plan to seal the gap around the back of the fridge to stop the hot air
heating the sides of the fridge. On one side it looks like a 20-25mm gap!
Bought a very small digital voltmeter to sit across the fridge 12V terminal so I can easily check the voltage.
Bought a fan and a 50C thermostat to increase the airflow.

Probably doesn't sound all that obsessive until one considers I haven't even picked the van up yet!!!!

Got to have something to keep occupied with waiting to have it delivered.

Mike

Reactions: dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Look out!

Obsession is contagious.

Our Dometic 150l fridge also got the fan treatment as the only time it faltered was in high 40deg temps ...fans sorted it out pronto and they ran directly from the battery as the solar charged in the heat.

Win, win.

jawk

Apr 7, 2016
Yackandandah
We're on our third new jayco ('10, '15, '16) - all had the first service free*.
To be sure to be sure all went back for warranty related items (all minor - latches, drawers and so on) well before the 1000km was up and separately. Booked them in later for the 1000km stuff plus anything else that popped up.