Clearview mirrors

Ben Stanford

Feb 23, 2014
Sunbury, Vic
Dollars well worth being spent in my opinion! I tried several different types of tow mirrors before I bought the Clearview Mirrors, and was never happy with the amount of vibration through the mirrors. I have driven up north with the clearview mirrors, past road trains and the like and no vibration or movement. As much as you may be forking out between $700 and $900 the peace of mind when towing your accomodation with the family all loaded up in the car, the dollars are definately worth spending!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
like others, I have tried many many different types of "add on" mirrors
plastic ones that clip onto your existing mirror - kept falling off
bigger ones that strap to your mirror - vibration (headache) and kept falling off no matter how tight I tried to get them
ones that clip into the window channel and have a strap to the bottom of the door
- strap vibrates in the wind - simple fix was seatbelt thingy to stop rubbing your neck - no more noise
- drivers side fell off twice when travelling - hard to drive when trying to hold the mirror so it wont fly off - very annoying
- scratched the living crap out of drivers window - had to replace it

brought the Clear Views - I had seen and lusted after them for awhile - but the price was always a stopper - final straw was replacing the drivers window - that was not cheap
I absolutely love them, and for day to day driving - excellent - even better when you reverse into a parking spot 1st time - everytime, eveyone looks and goes WOW
wouldn't trade them for anything now

SWMBO said - how much? I told her - she said "how much for the window?" I told her
she said get the mirrors

I'm happy now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :)

Reactions: Flossymk1

Barra

Apr 11, 2014
Townsville
I've been procrastinating for a while about them too. Given what's been said about the strap ons, I might keep them in the box and put them on gumtree. Use that for a deposit on the clear view. It would be really good if they could fold in automatically like the original ones do. Bet they bring a new model out right after I buy a set!!

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
yeah I know what your saying there @Barra I too would prefer if they folded in electrically, but, I've only had to do that twice in 3 years because of shopping center car parking,
but they make reversing sooooo much easier (I dont use the reverse camera when parking now....)

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
My hubby drove home from the dealers with those mirrors that strap on to your door, and was cursing by the time he got home. We have swapped them out for a set of Milenco Grand Aeros but haven't used them yet. Cant afford the Clearviews :( so hoping the Milencos will be good enough!