Clearview mirrors alternative?

NoWorries

Sep 28, 2015
Perth
www.expandasdownunder.com
someone got stung by the "Toyota Tax"...............................

Not just Toyota
I had a Nissan Pathfinder and broke the clip for the center console tray
they wanted me to buy the whole tray system and it was about $150 to replace a tiny plastic clip.

All car manufacturers know how to rip us off, that is why there are so many after market suppliers
unfortunately sometimes you can't get a after market product though.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
Read the other week if you are not towing ,the law states Clearview mirrors or similar must be taken off the vehicle when not in use ,may be fake news!

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Read the other week if you are not towing ,the law states Clearview mirrors must be taken off the vehicle ,may be fake news!
I have in my head (anything in there can be problematic) that Clearview and MSA tout being ADR compliant ... the details of what that actually means i have no clue

Reactions: Disco Duck

Marv_mart

Jan 3, 2014
Adelaide
You can’t simply take them on and off like clip on mirrors, they are a full ½ day install with electrical wiring on more expensive versions that require partial door disassembly. Fake news! One copper in country SA tried to tell me the same, utter rubbish!
if push comes to shove with some pushy cops who like to think they know everything, you can simply fold them in.
we have been in all Aust states over the last 8 years and apart from that one cop, never had any issues.

Reactions: Crusty181

BJM

Sep 29, 2018
Yamba
You can’t simply take them on and off like clip on mirrors, they are a full ½ day install with electrical wiring on more expensive versions that require partial door disassembly. Fake news! One copper in country SA tried to tell me the same, utter rubbish!
if push comes to shove with some pushy cops who like to think they know everything, you can simply fold them in.
we have been in all Aust states over the last 8 years and apart from that one cop, never had any issues.
Mind you I was nearly swept off my bike by a LC200 who had them right out and not towing.

poor but proud

Aug 25, 2018
redlands
They do not make friends in shopping centre car park when they open their door and the mirror hits the car in the next bay,other cars fault they should not have parked there, coppers could fill their ticket book with fitted tow tongues and ball protruding and covering the number plate,