CIL Insurance

JASA

Mar 15, 2013
Melbourne Vic.
We use CIL...mostly because of the signs at the Jayco dealer. Having read the issues regarding the possiblilty of not being covered with the canvas walls, I may need to look a little further!!

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
We have been over and over this. I wrote to CIL:

Attn: Theresa Sheppard

Dear Theresa,

My wife and I have an Expanda 17.56-2 insured by your company. I have followed with interest a Forum on the website “Expandasdownunder” concerning the possible lack of contents cover in the event that the forced entry was made via the canvas wall section. Specifically they are referring to page 43 of your PDS.

I recently viewed a reply to a member concerning this issue which I have copied below:

Dear David,

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate and acknowledge all your concerns regarding the level of coverage on your Jayco Expanda caravan.

As we have received some feedback about this issue we have been liaising with our legal and claims department to ensure we are providing our customers with the correct information.

Both departments have confirmed that our policy will allow for theft to be covered from these caravans, even if entry has occurred via the expandable soft walls. As long as the caravan has some hard wall components then our policy covers you for theft of contents. In this instance, this means that your contents is covered. As always, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information about your policy coverage.

I hope that this provides you with much more peace of mind in terms of cover on your new Jayco Expanda. Please call us on 1800 112 481 to go from quote to cover. We are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 5pm AEDST.

Kind regards,
Theresa Sheppard
Sales and Service Consultant, CIL

Phone 1800 112 481 Facsimile 1300 298 514
Email: cilsales@cilinsurance.com.au
PO BOX 384 Gosford, NSW 2250
I wish to therefore clarify whether this now applies to all Expanda vans and as a policy holder if I may have in writing communication to that effect.

We have found that the service provided by your company to be of value and look forward to continuing as a policy holder with you.

This is the answer I received.
Thank you for your email. I can confirm that it this does extend to all customers who own Expanda caravans.

I can certainly advise you of the following information as well. It is a standard letter that we are forwarding.

I appreciate and acknowledge all your concerns regarding the level of coverage on your Jayco Expanda caravan.

As we have received some feedback about this issue we have been liaising with our legal and claims department to ensure we are providing our customers with the correct information.

Both departments have confirmed that our policy will allow for theft to be covered from these caravans, even if entry has occurred via the expandable soft walls. As long as the caravan has some hard wall components then our policy covers you for theft of contents. In this instance, this means that your contents is covered. As always, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement for more information about your policy coverage.

I hope that this provides you with much more peace of mind in terms of cover on your new Jayco Expanda. Please call us on 1800 112 481 to go from quote to cover. We are available Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm and Saturday 8am to 5pm AEDST.
Kind regards,

Sharyn

Sharyn Watt
Sales and Service Consultant CIL

Phone 1800 112 481 Facsimile 1300 298 514
Email: cilsales@cilinsurance.com.au
PO BOX 384 Gosford, NSW 2250

Emails dated 7 Dec 12

Reactions: Lara and Jaypanda

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks for revisiting this issue BoD. It's handy for new members to be able to read It chapter and verse.
I got similar confirmation from CIL and have stayed with them.

billykidd

Apr 2, 2013
Brisbane
Thanks BoD for posting response. I'm with CIL and will be staying with them, but this thread has made me read the entire policy wording, which is probably something I should have done 6 odd years ago.

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
As I no longer have trust for CIL for this until the PDS is updated, I recommend that each individual policy holder should get the same letter from CIL themselves, rather than relying on BoDs. Not that BoD is wrong, but BoDs letter is solely for BoDs policy - it is your policies which are affected. I had a similar email early on when all this came up, to which BoD and I were told they would honor it for me, but as they considered it an incorrect statement (at the time) they wouldn't honor it on anyone else's just because I passed it on to other policy holders.
For those with a CIL policy, obtain the letter addressed to the policy holder, and preferably with your policy number stated.

Reactions: Tayla and Jaypanda

Klugerclan

Aug 31, 2011
Agree with Straydingo, in a dispute, it is the PDS that the insurer issued you with and will be referred to in a court of law, not an ad-hoc agreement agreed with someone else.

Reactions: Jaypanda

rojoberry

Mar 16, 2012
Pakenham Victoria
Hi all here one to try we are members with the CCMA which costs about $50 and gives you 12 magazines a year we then were able to insurer through Ken Tame which is Allianz. The only thing is you have to insure the tug and van they do not and will not separate. With that said I have not been able to get insurance cheaper and as far as I can find with all items cover worth a try to see for yourselves.
Underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited
General enquiries: (03) 9853 5555
Email: info@kentame.com.au