CIL Insurance

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
Wow, after a few days reviewing the comments about insurance "ruling & clauses" I will ask for any recommendations from the group here, CIL really have great legal writers don't they, who should I go to next??

Reactions: Jaypanda

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
What state are you in NCarey?

We are with Suncorp. They will also insure contents in annexes. I think others have had luck with GIO too.

NCarey

Dec 8, 2012
What state are you in NCarey?

We are with Suncorp. They will also insure contents in annexes. I think others have had luck with GIO too.

Thanks Andrea, I will jump online and review Suncorp now...the devil is in the detail...

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
M.H.I.A (Manufactured Homes Insurance Agency) Had both my campers with them, no issue with contents etc, though didn't use them for my Panda as got better deal with NRMA having my other insurance with them.

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
We are worried about which insurance company to go with too. We were with RAA for our cub camper, but after reading this thread realized our policy didn't cover what we thought it did. The 10% multi-policy discount was the appeal.o_O
CIL looks way too scary....looking like it'll be suncorp for our new van. Any other suggestions?

crackacoldie

Jan 8, 2013
Newcastle NSW
They have Brad, they are also one of the few that cover you anywhere in Australia not just gazetted roads, good for those of us with out backs that travel off road.

Capt. Gadget

Obsessive & Compulsive Gadget Man
Dec 1, 2011
Busselton W.A.
bbmwa.com.au
Yep CIL here too but best thing to do is read a few different PDS's and pick one thats suits what you want to be covered for, or find a good broker and tell them what you want!

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Until CIL update their disclosure statement I won't be going near them. Just checked and it still says

"What we do not cover We will not pay for:
  • repairs that are done without first getting our written consent.
  • the cost of repairing damage not caused by the accident or event you are claiming for.
  • theft or attempted theft from your caravan or your annexe if:
- it does not have hard walls, or
- it is not securely locked, or
- there is no physical evidence of forcible and violent entry."

http://www.cilinsurance.com.au/rv-i...caravan-insurance-policy/loss-damage-contents

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
Until CIL update their disclosure statement I won't be going near them. Just checked and it still says

"What we do not cover We will not pay for:
  • repairs that are done without first getting our written consent.
  • the cost of repairing damage not caused by the accident or event you are claiming for.
  • theft or attempted theft from your caravan or your annexe if:
- it does not have hard walls, or

- it is not securely locked, or
- there is no physical evidence of forcible and violent entry."

http://www.cilinsurance.com.au/rv-i...caravan-insurance-policy/loss-damage-contents
That's what I saw the other day too. I guess it's a bit of a risk taking them on their word when you're forking out money and don't have anything in writing

bigbertha

Oct 6, 2012
port elliot sa
We are worried about which insurance company to go with too. We were with RAA for our cub camper, but after reading this thread realized our policy didn't cover what we thought it did. The 10% multi-policy discount was the appeal.o_O
CIL looks way too scary....looking like it'll be suncorp for our new van. Any other suggestions?
we are covered by sgic and find them really good with covering everything and we get the 10% discount as we have multi policies with them