Carpet in my van

Grover

Jul 20, 2012
ok sorry about photo guys hehe what I was trying to say is that I went to binning when I first got my van as I was keen to take out so I got car carpet big mistake it cost me $100 and everything stuck to it so I went to the carpet place asked for of cuts I could pick my length colour and width and it cost me a whole $50 nice on my feet feels great didn't get rubber back after reading problems with it on this site I have 4 kids grass dirt not a problem wouldn't like to see it camping in muddy areas but it all grassy for now so just giving ideas to the new van owners and really if it gets real muddy after a couple of years at $50 can replace or pull out and hose down photos to come hehehehe I got a laugh anyway

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
ok sorry about photo guys hehe what I was trying to say is that I went to binning when I first got my van as I was keen to take out so I got car carpet big mistake it cost me $100 and everything stuck to it so I went to the carpet place asked for of cuts I could pick my length colour and width and it cost me a whole $50 nice on my feet feels great didn't get rubber back after reading problems with it on this site I have 4 kids grass dirt not a problem wouldn't like to see it camping in muddy areas but it all grassy for now so just giving ideas to the new van owners and really if it gets real muddy after a couple of years at $50 can replace or pull out and hose down photos to come hehehehe I got a laugh anyway
No worries. Some of us had nothing better to do.
Carpet at beach wins hands down, too. We'll never convince everyone, but the "what do you put on the floor?" thread has all the arguments.

Stan53

May 27, 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
Yep have scrapper mat at door, but still track in dirt. Like some one else said, dirt can be swept of vinyl. Not so easy from carpet. That's the down side. The upside is carpet is softer on the feet and ever so much warmer in the cold weather.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yep have scrapper mat at door, but still track in dirt. Like some one else said, dirt can be swept of vinyl. Not so easy from carpet. That's the down side. The upside is carpet is softer on the feet and ever so much warmer in the cold weather.
Spoken like a true Victorian. :)
We are at Hastings for the weekend and it is cold at night. I reacon carpet would help heaps. But the site we are on is hugely muddy. There needs to be a large mat where shoes are removed,

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Spoken like a true Victorian. :)
We are at Hastings for the weekend and it is cold at night. I reacon carpet would help heaps. But the site we are on is hugely muddy. There needs to be a large mat where shoes are removed,
We have a shallow plastic crate for shoes (slides under van if we're not using skirt) and a washable "plastic" mat.