Caravanandmotorhome magazine.

stuartcarr2002

May 13, 2011
Sydney
Re The Prado D4D motor, they could be on to something, a little bit back Berima Diesel did an article and gave the D4D motor a caining due to it poor injection set up causing long term engine destruction. The even put it in the same category as the ZD30 :) . This backs up what i here in the trade that the 3.0L D4d isn't the ducks guts people make it out to be.
A magazine i wouldn't take with gospal, however Berima Diesel i would. The know what they are talking about.
That said they didn't mention much about the ford motor. I will try and find the article about it if i can remember where i saw it.

Reactions: DRW

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
Hey Dave will we see you at the meet next year? Anne and I hope to be there via the East coast of NSW then VIC to Melbourne to visit son and family just returned from London, then Great Ocean Road, Adelaide Hills (more family) then the meet then Victoria (Ballarat etc - high country - then home maybe or just keep travelling) hopefully retiring in January 2016 - have done this job too long - need to hand the business over to younger people......
Bill

Yes we plan to be, I lost my job yesterday so I may be forced into retirement a little early, who knows, Carmel is still working casual and we are off to Europe in September (if I saw this coming I probably wouldn't have booked the air fares) so come hell or high water we plant to be at the meet and maybe elsewhere for a while before and after :)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Sorry to hear that mate. At some point we all need to be pushed into something better, a better lifestyle, or a decision we're reluctant to make ... so hopefully thats whats around the corner for you guys and it pans out to be a good thing

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
So many replies come to mind to all the posts........................I'll just sit and watch though.
I do like to look at the pictures in the mag, not so keen on the writing..........................( and here comes @Crusty181 )

peterg

Jan 17, 2015
warrnambool
Not so interestingly, C&M has only a few actual writers. The rest are people like us writing articles and sending photos in. The "experts" are probably just people with a strong opinion and very little real expertise given some of the misinformed tripe they produce.

Reactions: 17triton

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
So many replies come to mind to all the posts........................I'll just sit and watch though.
I do like to look at the pictures in the mag, not so keen on the writing..........................( and here comes @Crusty181 )
Im sitting on the couch, and showed Princess Crusty the post. You crack me up. We had a good laugh.

Now ... back to the task at hand. (Thanks for the lead in @Drover .... you know i enjoy some fodder)
I do like to look at the pictures in the mag, not so keen on the writing.........................
My grand daughter says the same. But she doesnt have those magazines hidden in the shed, where its ALL just about the articles ..... scouts honor ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Drover and dagree

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The following is an email I sent to C&M after reading issue 197 and while back, to which I didn't get the courtesy of a reply, so I also posted it in their forum, again no reply. guess they just don't like being caught out by us mere mortals.

"It's not often I'm compelled to write in, especially on a negative note.
However in reference to the article in issue #197 on the Royal Flair Aussiemate, this article shows the van being towed by a Pajero NM-NP model which I believe only has a maximum braked towing capacity of 2,500 kg, according to the specs of the van printed in the article the Aussiemate has a "Tare Weight" of 2815 kg, exceeding the Pajero's maximum tow weight by 315 kg. I can only hope that the van wasn't fully loaded whilst travelling for the 2 articles in this issue as the the vans ATM is listed at 3215 kg exceeding the Pajero's maximum tow weight by 715 kg .

For a well respected Caravanning and RV publication that promotes safe motoring/caravanning, I have to ask, What are you thinking?
One can only hope the specs printed in the mag for this van where incorrect. And if not in future road tests they will infact match a tow vehicle to the van."

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I must admit I do like to flick through the odd Mag, but the one thing that annoys me is when they wrap up a blatant use of paid product endorsements in the so called unbiased articles. I interested all the options, not just the ones that pay the most to be in the articles.

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Yes we plan to be, I lost my job yesterday so I may be forced into retirement a little early, who knows, Carmel is still working casual and we are off to Europe in September (if I saw this coming I probably wouldn't have booked the air fares) so come hell or high water we plant to be at the meet and maybe elsewhere for a while before and after :)
Sorry to hear re loss of job Dave - however maybe it's time to join @chartrock in retirement - same for me! More time for using the van etc. Enjoy Europe and I will look forward to renewing our friendship next year over a drink or three.
Take care mate
Bill

Reactions: chartrock