Caravanandmotorhome magazine.

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Has anyone else read issue 220 of this bloody stupid magazine? From page 94 onwards they talk about tow vehicles.

In it, they question the engine longevity of the Prado and PX Ranger! On what basis? I really wish Toyota and Ford would take these idiots to court and put them out of business. I couldn't care less what Fred, Marg and the other morons there think.......I just get p@ssed off at the unqualified making comments such as this. I have not renewed my subscription....

I'm passing this onto Ford......let's see what they make of defamatory comments such as this!

Stick to town fetes guys.

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
Bit sick of getting "special offers". Maybe if they wrote some quality articles people might want to buy it instead of treating readers as 2 year olds...

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
I had a 3 months free trial subscription a couple of years back and one of the first articles I read was all about Dampier, even mentioned Red Dog statue. But everything else in the article was crap,saying Dampier was north of Broome and describing things that are not near Dampier.

I got a phone call at the end of the trial and just told them I was mot interested in reading a magazine that could not be bothered checking the accuracy of their stories.

Reactions: Tricky and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I subscribed for the 3w UHF handhelds that came with the subscription. It was cheaper to get them that way, go figure. The mags subscription was only a vehicle to get the radios. I did previously buy the odd one.

I do take what they say with a grain of salt, but that said I have accumulated some points and places that have spark some interest, and admittedly Ive double checked and then researched elsewhere. I have found plenty of places I would otherwise not have know about or passed on by. I got a call from them yesterday about a special, to good to be true, 24mth subscription extension offer .... I asked them what goodies come with that. Ha. Silence.

Reactions: Drover

davemc

Oct 29, 2013
Viewbank, Victoria
www.expandasdownunder.com
I still get "On the Road" as we went to the show and thought get Luke a chair and cost $30 more for 2 years of the mag and some free camping books with a chair I took home that day :)
Glad your got your UHF I heard of people waiting and waiting for Solar panels before.

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
image.jpg

Bank of Dad

Jul 20, 2011
Kilmore, VIC
Hey @Bank of Dad try buying a Jeep and see how many experts are around (especially the ones who have never even sat in one)

True enough......but there's a difference between an anonymous idiot and a national magazine. This magazine appeals to those who prefer crayons with their newspaper. I've brought this to the attention of Ford Australia. To say they were unimpressed would be a huge understatement.

Maybe a mass attack on their website is needed.

Reactions: DRW and Billrw136

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
Hey @Bank of Dad try buying a Jeep and see how many experts are around (especially the ones who have never even sat in one)
Hey Dave will we see you at the meet next year? Anne and I hope to be there via the East coast of NSW then VIC to Melbourne to visit son and family just returned from London, then Great Ocean Road, Adelaide Hills (more family) then the meet then Victoria (Ballarat etc - high country - then home maybe or just keep travelling) hopefully retiring in January 2016 - have done this job too long - need to hand the business over to younger people......
Bill

chartrock

Forum Patriarch
Staff member
Sep 26, 2010
Gold Coast Hinterland
Love your message re marriage @chartrock - but I thought you usually were not working (i.e. retired) but Elaine is still shopping!!??
All the best - Bill
I still do a little work and Elaine does a little shopping. :p I am back at the uni for a few days doing supplementary exams so a few more dollars to add to the holiday account. :clap2:

We plan to be at the Flinders meet next year and look forward catching up again, if not before. :D

Reactions: DRW and Billrw136