Caravan Mover

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
We are getting a purple line mover fitted to our Starcraft 16 next week. We have also replaced the jockey wheel with a 250mm one as the original digs in.

Reactions: Simon

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
We are getting a purple line mover fitted to our Starcraft 16 next week. We have also replaced the jockey wheel with a 250mm one as the original digs in.

please explain????
width
height
length
??????????????

I am confuddled.....................

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Wheel diameter and about 60 mm wide. Better on grass with that size. Picked it up at BCF for about $ 78

Macropod

Sep 5, 2013
Cordeaux Heights, NSW
Well I have tried to put what was a random series of photos into a reasonably sensible order. These show how we fitted the Purple line EGO movers to a 20.63.1 OB. The hardest part was the wiring - mounting the movers turned out to be easy due to the brackets already welded to the chassis. Even though Jayco wont fit movers to a tandem OB unit, they still stick the brackets on the chassis - so happy days. In my case - they set the movers up to exactly the right position. If I have to do this again knowing that this wold be the case - its a 1 hr job to get the units mounted. The electrical took a good 8 hrs - no thanks to me putting a screw through one of the cables behind the liner in the tunnel. But it was a bit fiddly to get it neat. I was also rigging up a 2nd battery so this took a bit of time as well. Hope that this helps someone ! If anyone has any questions - happy to tell you what I know.

Attachments

• 20.63.1 Purpleline Movers.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 380

donnybabes

Dec 24, 2012
Bendigo Vic
@Melanie and Gavin Cockran

Hi all - as promised here is the twin mover in action.

It took 10 minutes to get it into the driveway - I was impressed with the amount of control and precision I had. Never felt out of control at any time.

As mentioned above, it takes a few forward and back manevours to turn the van because of its twin axle but it gets there. A single axle would do this in half the time I reckon, but if you have a twin this is worth a look.

You will get better with practice.You will know were to park the van and then its a breeze.Ive been using a single axle one for 3 years now.

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
Used ours on holidays to get onto the site due to the way all the cars were parked. A small crowd gathered to watch. Will need to put some grass pavers at home as it does struggle just a bit.

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
I have a single axle van and the width of the area I have to turn the van around is the same as the length of the van n drawbar. Using my Aussie Mover, it turns the van around in that restricted area. It has a ball on it and uses the hitch to hook onto the van and an Anderson plug which I connect to for power. I know the tandem movers cannot turn vans in the length of the van, so I only now get single axle vans!

Reactions: bigcol

Nicole&Dave

Apr 25, 2018
Brisbane
We just had the Purpleline ego quickey mover installed on our 2014 14.4.4 OB. The mover is brilliant as our parking spot is too tight to back it in normally. It doesn't affect the JTECH suspension and the best thing is you can remove the motors when you don't need them. Well worth the money.

Can you please tell me if it was fitted in front or behind the wheels. We are trying to work out where would be best to fit it on our 14.44-5 OB

Glen Bundesen

Jan 12, 2014
Perth WA
As the 14.44-5 OB is single axle (I assume), if you only want it for moving the van when putting into shed etc, why not use an Aussie Mover which fits into the hitch and is not extra weight being carried around? But then you may have a off road hitch and they are not suitable!

straydingo

Jul 4, 2011
Melbourne
hi All
questions re power movers such as Purple line on tandems please;
-those who have them fitted, do we need operational on all 4 wheels? Purpleline seems to encourage it, but not clear if its a must, or preferred. Truma have one for 2 or 4 wheels. Obviously a big increase in price for 4 wheels if only 2 needed.
- how is the turning radius on hard surfaces like concrete where slipping is less?
- would they have enough grunt to lift a van up a kerb/gutter(with or without a short ramp), rather than using a driveway?

thanks

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Fella Im visiting this weekend looked right into them all awhile back as he's falling apart, he opted for the jockey wheel type instead of the wheel driver type as he said carrying 4 of them around would be a bit too much, he needs one to get his van up a slight slope into his shed and a sideways shuffle into position. He lives in an RV Lifestyle Village so I will get him to introduce me to someone who has a wheel driver type............. One of the best places to find out how good some van stuff is........all types of vans and tugs.

Spending $4500 for a set of purple line for Big Mal .................................. don't think that would happen .....................

Reactions: straydingo