Butane stove ban!!

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Yep..

Bought one about three years to use as a tester when kitchen was redone as we weren't sure whether to get an induction stove...so bought the smaller one to check and, more importantly, to see if our existing pots etc would work.

Some do and some don't.

We now carry the small induction plate in the van as its light and flat and, if on 240v, easy to set up outside.

If this comes with a pot which works on induction, it's a great rice.

Dave_B

May 4, 2014
Greendale VIC
We carry an induction cooker and use it when on a powered site. It they are fantastic as they offer similar control to gas...but electric. The best part (for me) is when you turn it off, it's off straight away unlike a normal electric plate. We don't stay at caravan parks often but this is great when we do. Hope that helps.

Reactions: chartrock

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Meant to add that some of our old pots and frypan actually work on the induction plate and it's ok for most types of cooking. I really like it for slower styles of cooking....casseroles etc...but we only use it outside on a table as it's far too high on the drop down picnic table on the van.

It would be good for inside as well to give you two electric sources rather than use the gas but we haven't done that yet.

I certainly wouldn't bother putting an inverter in just for the induction. They do draw a fair bit of power but caravan park power is cheaper so that's ok.

Reactions: chartrock

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
And, talking about butane stoves, I notice they now sell them with a sticker saying something about anti- flare which seems to have sorted out the issues causing them to be withdrawn.

I'll wait till our ancient but well used unit turns up its toes but will make sure it's used properly.

I think I just saved some of the money you are now spending on induction!

:boink:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
What size is it?

Ours is a bit larger than an iPad...the original, not the mini.

They're certainly safer and easy to use outside so you don't have to go inside every time you feel hungry or thirsty.

Have fun with it and don't forget to check that the pots, kettle etc you want to use on it are compatible. We found a surprising amount of our old pots etc were OK on the induction so that was a money saver.

All in the interests of saving $$$$ and using caravan park power.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
ours stays outside under the awning with all my other "gadgets", and is the ecopot one (didn't get the ecopot though). I love it to cook with, as like @NoWorries said....it heats up quick and use it instead of the inside one.

Reactions: dagree