Butane stove ban!!

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
It's on the NSW Office of Fair Trading website. Other states may follow but nothing on the QLD site..
Pete

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
its all over Facebook as well. My sis in law sent it to me. Bet she's glad my bro n her are picking their new van up today, as they have two of them.

yabbietol

Sep 2, 2014
Queanbeyan NSW
They clearly meet Chinese made safety standards and Australian (cheap) import rules so I guess that means they are very cheap, dangerous and exciting to use. Life is too short to take unnecessary risks with compressed flammable gas. Gas fires and explosions in confined spaces (like annexes) are not fun.
Gas fires and explosions are scary enough in the open air. So I will be ditching mine.

Reactions: davemc and Wanda

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
You just have to make sure the pan is not too big, 10 years as QA manager at super cheap auto group and we only had one from SCA when the user left it in the plastic case and a few from BCF usually from misuse (dickheads) lol

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
The footage they showed on news was the same as two yrs ago when they put out a warning when some family blew themself up while using it on the kitchen table with a wok.

Ive got 2 Primus brand ones used them for years with the camper, but not so much now.

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
we have a twin unit and always use it on the drop down table outside, we used to use a Coleman twin burner but the bloody thing used to flame up underneath for some reason so we went for the disposable canister type but it is a decent one that complies

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
When you look at the video (from the above link) of the one exploding, the pot is sitting on a sheet of foil which is directing the heat down onto the canister, plus preventing the pot from heating.
If you do that you deserve to die.:flame::target:

Reactions: dagree

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Always comes down to the lowest common denominator.

We get called evey year to morons cooking indoors with Webers and the like.

They wonder why they pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
At the back right hand side you can see what looks like a power lead. Even if battery operated, you will need a large inverter as some are rated at 1500 watts. We have an induction cook top at home and they are good.
Pete

Reactions: chartrock