Bike racks

Coastrunner

Mar 18, 2012
South Coast NSW
www.expandasdownunder.com
I know this isn't exactly what youre after but thought I'd show you my latset mod.

It's a triple bike rack for my front draw bar.

bikerack.jpg

expanda

Site Founder
Staff member
Dec 22, 2009
Western, Sydney....
www.expandasdownunder.com
can anyone tell me if they have a two bike rack on their towball that doesn't necessitate the removal of the bikes to open the front bed on a 17.56-2 (or similar).
i have spoken to berns beaks (as recommended on the forum) and they have quoted me $435 for a bike rack (incl postage) which will fit over a hayman reece 550WDH.
i don't mind paying this if it fits the bill even though it is about four times the cost of the bikes!
however i'm concerned that if i get it, it may not give me enough room to drop the bed without removing the bikes first.
i'd also like to know if the bikes will allow me to use the van brake and/or jockey wheel without being removed.
if that's the case i may as well purchase a cheaper model that fits to the a-frame of the van.
can anybody help?

It would be very close, have you got any pictures of this model?

Bed ends aside the biggest issue we had with a bike rack on the two ball was when turning corners the bike wheels would hit the a frame as they sat to low.

The rack would need to sit the bikes quite hight in order for the wheels not to get crushed.

People on here have done it but in my experience I couldn't get it to work unfortunately.

I have had to leave one bike behind until I get them mounted some other way.

I know this isn't exactly what youre after but thought I'd show you my latset mod.

It's a triple bike rack for my front draw bar.

View attachment 12182

Nice job, we have the extended a frame and I am going to put a tool box on ours and mount the bikes on top of that.