Electrical best way to install 12v water pump into van?

Brenton

Dec 17, 2014
Hey guys. i have installed a 12v pump and gas heater in the camper previously so understand the method and how to wire it all etc, however the camper didn't have mains connection.

my van has 2 water tanks built in which run to a hand pump in the kitchen. there is a mixer tap which is plumbed to the outside of the van for mains connection. My question is if i wanted to keep the one tap for 12v water from the tanks, and also the mains water (if i ever need it) whats the best way? can I t piece from the mains, run it to the tank outlet and install a pump in between? would I need a non-return valve somewhere and where abouts? in between tank and pump or in between pump and mains outlet?

thanks!

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Basically you would put a non return valve ( NRV) at the mains inlet, the standard sureflow pump has a NRV valve in it, fit pump in the line from tank and your mains would tap in between pump and tap, using John guest fittings and pipe all round and you shouldn't need a PRV but if you feel the need I would fit that between mains inlet and NRV.....................I have some ideas on pump mount/fitting and fitting a mains inlet outside van on my old van thread http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/drovers-14-44-3.4502/ just have to dig around and find the bit, has pics though...

Reactions: Rockape and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Hey guys. i have installed a 12v pump and gas heater in the camper previously so understand the method and how to wire it all etc, however the camper didn't have mains connection.

my van has 2 water tanks built in which run to a hand pump in the kitchen. there is a mixer tap which is plumbed to the outside of the van for mains connection. My question is if i wanted to keep the one tap for 12v water from the tanks, and also the mains water (if i ever need it) whats the best way? can I t piece from the mains, run it to the tank outlet and install a pump in between? would I need a non-return valve somewhere and where abouts? in between tank and pump or in between pump and mains outlet?

thanks!
Do you a HWS?