Best brand of annex

Pace

Sep 16, 2011
melbourne
www.expandasdownunder.com
No such thing as a 'bad afternoon nap'. :p I enjoy my poppy nap too, one of the advantages of being "old". :crutch:

Thought i'd get a response from you CR. Pace.

Agree. Just the young'uns trying to stir us up.
Wow, look at that it's time for cocoa and bed!
(PS: Hope Pace is having to work night shift fixing his train set!)

Nah Mate, was dayshift yesterday. Pace.

:yield:

Expandaman

May 24, 2013
Dalby - QLD
We had an annexe made by D & D canvas on the Sunshine Coast in QLD. He came to our van and measured up on day one. Came back on day 2 and fitted it. His son which he was originally in business with, now owns and operates Australia wide Annexes. They both do a very good job (Stitching was arrow straight on every seam and zip). I would recommend that you get PVC up the walls a little way to prevent dirt staining. As many windows and doors that you can possibly fit is also an advantage on a hot mozzie infested night. Also make sure to use an Aussie Traveler anti flap kit. They are great use even when the annexe is not on the van. Bear in mind that you need to store your annexe and poles somewhere in your van. We recently bought Holiday Annexe rain proof bed end flys for our hard lids. Check them out too. $990 inc GST and freight (2 x Ends). They keep our beds 100% dry in flogging rain. Hunt around and compare apples with apples.

Peakay

May 14, 2013
Ballarat
We had an annexe made by D & D canvas on the Sunshine Coast in QLD. He came to our van and measured up on day one. Came back on day 2 and fitted it. His son which he was originally in business with, now owns and operates Australia wide Annexes. They both do a very good job (Stitching was arrow straight on every seam and zip). I would recommend that you get PVC up the walls a little way to prevent dirt staining. As many windows and doors that you can possibly fit is also an advantage on a hot mozzie infested night. Also make sure to use an Aussie Traveler anti flap kit. They are great use even when the annexe is not on the van. Bear in mind that you need to store your annexe and poles somewhere in your van. We recently bought Holiday Annexe rain proof bed end flys for our hard lids. Check them out too. $990 inc GST and freight (2 x Ends). They keep our beds 100% dry in flogging rain. Hunt around and compare apples with apples.

Cheers for the info Expandaman

David Dickinson

Jun 12, 2013
Mackay
Hi there Peakay,
Just wanted to add one more to your list, Australia Wide Annexes!
We have their new 'ultimate clear annex' and absolutely love it! It's the best of both worlds, bottom 1/3 is vinyl, top 2/3 is canvas, looks a million bucks and great quality!

Hi Lara,

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of your Australia Wide Annexe anywhere would you? I've just bought a 16.49-4 and really wanted to know what the annexe looks like before we splash the cash on it.

Thanks,
David

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
We have a Tebbs. I cant compare it to the others but I think it is of very high quality. Was pretty cheap too ($1900 with extra door and window)

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Thanks for the photos Lara. It looks great! Do you have any problems with the additional porch?

Hi David, sorry another late reply, yep still ridiculously busy!
The annex is brilliant, but the porch.....I'm not a fan unless you can get extra spreader bars from awning arms out to far edge. The porch seems to flap a fair bit in the wind and even with max tension on the ropes.
We have decided that we won't be using the porch and have been using our Outdoor connection gazebo instead. This decision didn't come down to the flapping alone but also because of the size. The porch is only 1.8m x 2.4m and we found it didn't give us as much shade as we would like for our family of 4, where the gazebo gives us the shade we need plus the option of adding shade walls too if needed. Which is good when you're copping the western sun in the afternoon.
I'm sure Australia wide could sort something out with extra spreader bars if you asked!
Hope this helps!