Baking bread in the weber BBQ Q

Drizzlingje

Oct 27, 2011
Well this is one of the pull-aparts we did. Caramelise and cool the onion and some garlic first. Grab your dough in fist size chunks and pull them out to four inch lengths like big thick sausages. Assemble them in the tray woven around each other whilst tucking the onion mixture, some cheese and salami in the gaps. Start baking as per normal and add some more cheese and herbs in the last ten minutes. It got smashed down

image.jpg
image.jpg

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Yummo... Never in my life have I had one thread that makes me drool so much.
I am currently sitting at Yea CP. The dough is sitting for 40 minutes and then we will see how the weber baking goes.
Results and pics to come.

Brad

Jan 2, 2012
Rowville, Victoria
Here is the result after baking. Base was burned but still delicious.
image.jpg

This is the result 5 minutes after baking.
image.jpg

And this is the result 10 minutes after baking.
image.jpg

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Made me hungry, Brad. Wouldnt mind scraping bottom. Have a try next time using trivet and pizza stone suggested by Jennymay. I assume its trivet on top of stone (prob no need for foil) but no doubt she'll confirm. The heat then circulates around bread tin but the direct heat from underneath is moderated by the stone. Keep temp under 150.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Andrea
No I dont use any foil in my Q. I prefer the trivet then the stone. The scones I do in a non stick cake pan (round) then I pull them apart....delicious.. My bread I do my dough in bread maker and sometimes use Q, same technique. Cakes also. We dont have the dome lid with thermostat on our small Q but I have managed to use the temp control guide fairly accurate. At home we have the larger Q and I have mastered the thermostat.

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi XpandaFan
No I use the trivet first them pizza stone so my pan sits on the stone... I must start taking pictures! Last night we had the best chiili/garlic prawn pizza Ive ever done! As I was removing it from the Q I was thinking I must photograph this.....but didnt as my quests were very hungry!

Jennymay

Oct 28, 2011
Perth WA
Hi Everyone
With your bread mixes you should buy from the bread making shops. I have 2 bread makers one for home and one for van... I buy 10kg bags but you can buy different size bags and the variety is wonderful. Obviously the larger the bag the more economical it is but a couple of travellers who live close could split cost. If we use 10kg bag it is about 1.50 per loaf.

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Thanks for clarification Jennymay. Big bread mix bags are way to go we use machine at home and have large plastic bread mix bin in pantry so buy when on special. Make up double zip lock bags for going away (also scones, pancake etc., with recipe sticker.) Looking forward to using BabyQ more.

Christine clark

Feb 15, 2017
Cowwarr victoria
Got a packet of laucke crusty white bread mix, did all the mixing with the kids by hand in a large bowl so didnt have to turn it out on a bench. For cooking, pretty much followed the directions yet added the bread to the q and kept the temp at 150 for the first ten minutes then cranked it up to 200 for another 15 or so. Had the greased tin on the trivet with the foil as if doing a roast. A bread knife has now made it onto the cutlery list for the van.
Hi how long roughly does it take to bake the bread?