Exterior Awning Arm Clothesline

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Aside from the blind rivets, $18 for all the necessary bits and bobs from Bunnings for the wire rope awning arm clothesline.

20171203_191017-resized-1920.jpg

mikerezny

Sep 11, 2016
Mount Waverley, VIC
Hi @Crusty181,
surely there must be better things to look at when you are sitting under your awning than watching your underpants flapping around in the breeze in front of you!

My clothes line is a bit of rope tied between two trees somewhere out of sight. Perhaps my underwear is not as flash as yours! Well, at least it cost $18 less than yours and I don't even need to know what a blind rivet is.

cheers
Mike

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Not going off topic...........................When fitting these "thing a mee's" if they are the fit and leave on all the time then check when you roll up the awning you don't block or the door or catch the centre stand on the long awnings...................

Me , I being a wearer of nether region covering (to stop envy) just sling a length of para cord between the rails and hang the smalls out............not to mention other bits.........................

and @mikerezny don't fear the blind rivet it's the Golden Rivet you don't want to look for.........................

Last edited:
Reactions: Crusty181

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I presumed they stayed on ?? The ebay pics have the awnings in the travel position with the wire attached
It could, but if it wasn't really (really) tight the wire could slap around as you drive down the highway or rough roads. To get it THAT tight is a lot of pressure on the riverts and arms (or so I think).

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I leave mine on. I have a bit of velcro on the line that matches up with my centre awning arm (big awning) and that holds it in place on the move without needing extra tension

Reactions: G Daddy

Macca_75

Aug 3, 2016
SE Suburbs, Vic.
I leave mine on. I have a bit of velcro on the line that matches up with my centre awning arm (big awning) and that holds it in place on the move without needing extra tension
I am guessing you either have a Pop top, are 8' tall or use a ladder to attach/detach the Velcro? No way I could reach it on a full height van.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I am guessing you either have a Pop top, are 8' tall or use a ladder to attach/detach the Velcro? No way I could reach it on a full height van.
Im 8 foot on the inside....

Actually its no drama. It just detaches easily itself when i open the awning

Reactions: bigcol