AussieNick's Expanda adventures

AussieNick

Feb 9, 2021
Darwin, NT
Im thinking the second hose to go was old, it was splitting on the ends and cracking as i pulled it off.

Boost might be doing funky things, only way i can think its bursting relatively new pipes.

Mate whos a mechanic is gonna go over it with me when we put the stainless kit in. Going to check everything from the turbo back, there was a bit of oil on the turbo outlet when i pulled the hose off outside tennant, so maybe oil getting through the catch can into the pipes and degrading them, which means I want to chexk the top mpunt intercooler to make sure its not getting blocked.

The stainless kit will fix the hoses blowing up, but I'm concerned if there is something more insidious going on it'll just push the problem some place more expensive to fix

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Unless you vent the can to outside (into a chassis rail is a good spot) there will always be a bit of oil in the plumbing but hoses really should be dumped by 100K km just to be sure they don't rot................ You know the saying "Shoulda Bought A Jeep" ................... :becky: :becky: :becky: :behindsofa: ..... at least I say it.

Boots in Action

Mar 13, 2017
Ferny Grove, Queensland
Im thinking the second hose to go was old, it was splitting on the ends and cracking as i pulled it off.

Boost might be doing funky things, only way i can think its bursting relatively new pipes.

Mate whos a mechanic is gonna go over it with me when we put the stainless kit in. Going to check everything from the turbo back, there was a bit of oil on the turbo outlet when i pulled the hose off outside tennant, so maybe oil getting through the catch can into the pipes and degrading them, which means I want to chexk the top mpunt intercooler to make sure its not getting blocked.

The stainless kit will fix the hoses blowing up, but I'm concerned if there is something more insidious going on it'll just push the problem some place more expensive to fix
Too much oil getting into and past the filters in the oil catch can is a fair indication that too much oily gasses are getting past the rings (especially under heavy loads or at high speed) and that perhaps rings are worn. Or maybe catch can filter needs replacing and is restricting the flow. Too much oily gases from the crankcase being sucked into the turbo and into the induction system with heat is a recipe for rubber hoses to fail prematurely.