Old & Moved Any interest??? Our 2011 17.56-2 ob for a swan ob (plus $$)

Stan Lee

Aug 29, 2012
rAdelaide
www.expandasdownunder.com
Andrea we r considering dropping a pool in too. Selling the panda is an option but not one that i want to do!!

We only live once. I ve seen too many people close to me keel over in their 30's and 40's!! Sorry for the sombre note but trying to get people to live up not down if u get my drift :)

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Hi everyone.
Thank you all for your thoughts. We have been over it quite a few times and have decided to get the pool. Lara, I have a client who is a pool builder who will look after us so I don't need to worry about being ripped off. Our 8 year old is a recreational swimmer (represents his school in GPS swimming but I refuse to let him do club), so a small pool isn't really an option.

We are going to go salt and will have solar. We rented a house while we built with a pool and we could only swim in it from November to March where as our 8 year old swims in our neighbours heated pool year round. It should also get plenty of sun as we have 5000m2 and only 2 trees. Burnsy, I'll be chasing some tips down the track but we only had one issue while we were renting and that was due to the weather.

Stan, I know we only live once and we aren't giving up camping... just changing our style a little. I don't want to leave my family and more debt than I need to if something should happen to me. A pool in summer will give more family time and less TV time after dark and that can only be a good thing.

Expanda, our boys a 8 and 2 and someone very validly pointed out that every year we delay putting one in, is another year that it won't get used.

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Wow 5000m2, now that's a big chunk of land you have there. There were other inapropriate words that flew from my mouth when I read 5000m2. Hehe.
We live on the flats of Manly (Sydney's Northern Beaches) and have a massive 330m2, which believe me is actually considered large for Manly. We get comments all the time about how lucky we are to have such a big block. Don't know about lucky, we had to pay a lot to get it. Our last house over the road was 180m2 with no parking. So 330m2 is massive.
With that much land you should be putting in an Olympic size swimming pool with diving platforms of course!!
Good luck with it Andrea!

larso

Mar 3, 2013
Hey Everyone,
I love reading the pages here...Hoping to buy an 16.49.3 OB sometime soon.
We are currently putting in a pool (owner built) the concrete shell has been done pools 3.2m x 10m
with a raised spa 2m x 2m i WILL PUT SOME PICS ON TOMORROW of where we are up to.
Have saved a lot of money so far by doing it ourselves but it still hurts the wallet.
At the end of the day its just a hole in the ground that only needs 4 trades to build.
If you are a tradie or have some building knowledge, I would give it a go as
its not that hard to owner build.
We have the caravan show on this weekend at Caulfield so looking
forward to taking the kids there.
All the best
larso

larso

Mar 3, 2013
We went to the caravan and camping show today.........wow!!!!!
Attached is our pool we are putting in.......wife won't let the caravan come
until we finish the pool.
pool.jpg

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
Very nice Larso, great size too! Can understand why the wife wants to wait until after pool completion.
Which Expanda model are you and the wife eyeing? Must have been overwhelming at the show today. So many vans on display.

larso

Mar 3, 2013
thanks guys, hopefully the tiler will start soon it will be nice to get the thing finished.
I wanted the kids to be able to do laps so 10m long isn't to bad.

We like the 16.49.3 OB with the lounge setup, yeah the Vans at the show were incredible,
caravans have sure come a long way since I was a kid.

larso

Lara

Jan 23, 2013
Manly NSW
thanks guys, hopefully the tiler will start soon it will be nice to get the thing finished.
I wanted the kids to be able to do laps so 10m long isn't to bad.

We like the 16.49.3 OB with the lounge setup, yeah the Vans at the show were incredible,
caravans have sure come a long way since I was a kid.

larso

Hi Larso!
You should start a new thread in the 'Member introductions' section. That way everyone can get to know you and welcome you. Tell everyone a bit about yourself and the soon to be Expanda!

andrea

Nov 9, 2011
Brisbane
Thanks bigman. We are actually looking at a soft floor camper at the moment. we have had one before and they really are ideal for Fraser and moreton (last time we did Fraser was in a tent and pre kids and moreton (also per kids) we hired a trailer.

getting a camper will also let us put in a bigger pool too!!!

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Thanks bigman. We are actually looking at a soft floor camper at the moment. we have had one before and they really are ideal for Fraser and moreton (last time we did Fraser was in a tent and pre kids and moreton (also per kids) we hired a trailer.

getting a camper will also let us put in a bigger pool too!!!
LOL.. No worries, I miss my old cub sometimes (like now when I'm van less)