Just Browsing Ants!!

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Hi all,
Just browsing and came across this thread. Amdro Granules work well for brown ants, but you need to mix it with honey or something sweet for black ant control.

The absolute best two products on the market are Syngenta Advion Ant Gel and Antmaster Liquid Ant Bait (which you will need bait stations to put it in or put it in bottle caps). Get it from eBay (I'm in the industry and seriously the eBay prices are as good or better than I can get it).
It's not cheap but lasts for ever. Lay matchstick size lines of the Advion Ant Gel where the ants are active and it will kill the colony within 24 hours (each ant will die several hours after consuming it).
I always keep a tube spare in the van and in the kitchen at home. No sprays or toxic poison to worry about.\

For lawn ants outside at your home use Termidor Liquid. Same thing. Not cheap ($285 for 1L), but will last years and years and will save you tonnes of time from spraying time over and over again using that rubbish from the big green shed.

Thanks, just ordered a tube of Advion Gel.

I hope the little brown ants are attracted to it.

Jasman

Apr 10, 2016
Toowoomba
I had the same issue at Teewah at Easter time. I sprayed the tyres, stands, jockey wheel and tent poles with Aeroguard - it did the job but I did have to reapply after a few days. From now on I think I'll carry some surface spray.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
I had the same issue at Teewah at Easter time. I sprayed the tyres, stands, jockey wheel and tent poles with Aeroguard - it did the job but I did have to reapply after a few days. From now on I think I'll carry some surface spray.

Unfortunately our appear to have taken up residence in the roof, and constantly appear from the tiny gaps between the skylights and the ceiling, as well as other areas.

The van lives in an areas underneath trees, and they seem to come off them, so all of the treatments around the wheels and legs don't seem to have any effect.

Hoping this Advion gel nukes them >:(

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I made little dams of blu tack and pored Ant Rid into them which killed the little mongrels that had set up house in the roof of the tardis.

Dove

Aug 14, 2013
Melb, Vic.
Mortein surface spray works a treat. It kills em all. We spray on leads, hoses, wheels etc. If the start jumping out of trees spray up on the roof to.

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We're trying the Advion gel now. So far, so good. Will report back.

Thanks for the advice.

But not sure how useful it will be for camping....you need a bead of gel....but , if camped in the same place for some time, it might be effective.