Another bike carrier

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
Number plate is still visible with bikes on. Here is a picture with bikes off but gives you a idea of clearance. 20131004_170106.jpg

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
Hi all, any further reviews (pros/cons) before I order one?? 8-)
Those that have one, still happy? Is the bounce of the rack an issue or do you strap it somehow to reduce this.......

prado

Dec 2, 2012
Warrnambool, Victoria.
All still good with mine. Only thing is make sure you tighten the securing nut tight. No need to strap it that I can see. They are actually quite a well built unit and seem to do as advertised. Make sure that you dont overload it on weight though.

Izzya123

Mar 18, 2011
Mount Martha, Victoria
All still good with mine. Only thing is make sure you tighten the securing nut tight. No need to strap it that I can see. They are actually quite a well built unit and seem to do as advertised. Make sure that you dont overload it on weight though.
Thnx Prado. Dumb question, but I assume the 50kg capacity includes the rack weight also...

CJ1177

Jan 28, 2013
Newcastle
www.facebook.com
I think from memory, maybe in the Jayco owners manual it says that the rear numbers are not designed to Cary any load, & those with a spare fitted are only designed to only carry 30kg the approximate weight of the spare.

Personally I wouldn't trust the bumper mounts to carry any extra load with out strengthing

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Mmmmm - Interesting as nsw vehicles no longer have rego stickers, each police vehicle automatically scans the number plate, any obstruction immediately attracts a fine and loss of points, aust wide. , (that's if they can track u down from the obscured plate). spokes obscuring a plate, are deemed to be an offence, depending perhaps what sort of day the police offivcer is having.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
I leave my number plate on the bike rack now as it comes with us 90% of the time, the other 10% I put it back on the van!

Reactions: Bonners

Bonners

Jan 24, 2013
wollondilly nsw
Yeah thinking about that myself Burnsy, though may need to make up some sort of mounting bracketfor van , coz don't think fibreglass will take too many screw in, reckon it will strip.

Reactions: Burnsy