annexe matting

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Going to get one of those CGear mats for the van, choice is 14x8 or 17x8 was thinking the 17x8 and then i have 4ft infront of the van awning (awning is 13ft) should i put the annexe up etc never had a mat before any other thoughts?

PMK

Jul 25, 2011
Sunbury Victoria
Going to get one of those CGear mats for the van, choice is 14x8 or 17x8 was thinking the 17x8 and then i have 4ft infront of the van awning (awning is 13ft) should i put the annexe up etc never had a mat before any other thoughts?

Hi Jim,

We have one that was made to suit the Eagle we had. I think it was 11' x 8'. It's a great product & like you, we are now wondering what to do when our expanda arrives. The C Gear site shows a 6' x 8' we were thinking of getting to extend on the one we already have but If i didn't already have one I would go with the 17' x 8'. I reckon you might as well cover the length of your van if you going to get one.
One thing we have noticed with ours is when you are wearing runners they tend to slip on the matting. Not a major problem once you are aware of it & I usually don't wear shoes when were camping anyway.

Cheers,

Paul

richard

Jun 9, 2011
Love these mats. Had a bucket load of water while we were away, heaps of mud around the place we were staying, but nothing in the van. That was with 4 kids as well.