annexe advice

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
[quote="Gallo, post: 62541, member: use our annex all the time unless we are only going away for a weekend. I like the privacy and extra room room it gives. We usually store it in the rear lift up locker and it really doesn't take up much room. We do not free camp very often so storage is not an issue. It's full canvass with anti flap kit from Valley Canvas and was purchased with our van. The only thing I. Would like to add to it is a front verandah set up so I can sit under shade and watch the rug rats ride their bikes around in the afternoons.i must add that our annex legs angle out slightly and do not drop down vertically. Make a big difference to floor area even though it physically not much difference.

Forget the patio and look at one of the 2.4m compact gazebos. They take up a bit more space but they are handy for a picnic in the park and the kids footy games when you aren't camping.[/quote]
Yep, we already have the 3x3 gazebo and really like the flexability to set up any where. Barney

barney120

Dec 10, 2013
Kangaroo Valley
We have both, we use the shade sides for short trips and have recently used our Tebbs annexe for a 2 week holiday at 2 different parks. The best thing we did was the practice setup in our front yard. The annexe is surprisingly easy and quick to put up, we all get involved so that helps. One thing I never thought of before buying an annexe was caravan sites can be on slopes in caravan parks. We copped 2 with the same awkward slope, so in the end the kids still slept in the van. Having said that we found the annexe great, in the end it was turned into a family room. The verandah worked out well, if we keep the van I might get the add a room. .

Cheers Geoff
Thanks, Geoff. I think this is the way we will go and end up with both. Just have to decide what order to lay out the coin. Barney

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
I use our annex all the time unless we are only going away for a weekend. I like the privacy and extra room room it gives. We usually store it in the rear lift up locker and it really doesn't take up much room. We do not free camp very often so storage is not an issue. It's full canvass with anti flap kit from Valley Canvas and was purchased with our van. The only thing I. Would like to add to it is a front verandah set up so I can sit under shade and watch the rug rats ride their bikes around in the afternoons.i must add that our annex legs angle out slightly and do not drop down vertically. Make a big difference to floor area even though it physically not much difference.

I'm thinking about the front veranda too. At the moment I use poles to hold up the front wall of the annex like a veranda during the day and close it upo at night. I would like to get an extra piece of canvas or shade cloth for the front so that I can roll up the annex wall and keep the shade of the veranda. @crustt has done something similar I think.
BTW, we have a TEBBS. Very nice quality and easy to set up. Cost around $1900 according to the dealers breakdown (bought it with the new van), but I must say I like the Australia Wide annex design

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Hi Barney,
A very nice gentleman came to our house and measured up the entire thing, then within 2 weeks he was ringing us up to organise a time to come over a fit it up. @icetechaus has a really valid point and we do have a gazebo as well, friends of ours only have the shades and on our recent trip to Port Stephens and Swansea wished they had our annex. I suppose it's horses for courses and what you want to do, in saying that we really love our annex now that we've used it, it's always in the van and we just set up what we want, and if the rain does threaten we just add a little extra as required.

Dave

Reactions: barney120

Gallo

Jan 9, 2013
Lake Macquarie
Forget the patio and look at one of the 2.4m compact gazebos. They take up a bit more space but they are handy for a picnic in the park and the kids footy games when you aren't camping.
Yep, we already have the 3x3 gazebo and really like the flexability to set up any where. Barney[/quote]

I have the gazebo and we use it at the rear of the van. You can see it in the photo in my first post. It butts up nicely to the van annex. Just wanted a shade option for the front end to sit under in the afternoons and the verandah so have seen on other expanda's looked liked the goods.