17' Series Aircon just stopped

becdan

Feb 10, 2015
Ok guys. I have a truma advent on my expanda out back. 17.52.2. And the thing just stopped. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
is your power still on..............

I take it you are at a site, hooked up to power
is your Microwave showing power?
if not - the power to the site is off
if so - check the main circuit breaker to see if its tripped

as your lights are 12V - you wont notice if its the whole power out

becdan

Feb 10, 2015
Yeah mate mains is working. Microwave is working fine. Aircon just stopped.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
have you checked the fuses in the setec?

have a look in the nearest cupboard for the power point, to see if it is that

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
Ok guys. I have a truma advent on my expanda out back. 17.52.2. And the thing just stopped. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
There is a internal fuse but need to take it to a dometic dealer as it is under the main control panel.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
Is there a red light on in the pannel all the time and dose it flash when working the remote?

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
if it is the internal fuse, as per the suggestion by @Smash

have you had a power spike today?

was it working ok - then stopped?
or
just wont start

trying to visualize it in my head.......without walking outside in the dark to have a look........

becdan

Feb 10, 2015

or
just wont start

trying to visualize it in my head.......without walking outside in the dark to have a look........

or
just wont start

Not sure about about a power spike. It was working fine then just stopped. Lost all power. Now nothing at all

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Check that the main breaker switch for the AC hasnt died or wires come out.......poor connections is not uncommon........disconnect 240 from van first. If its like the Dometic it does need a 12v supply, that may have dropped off, either way lots of digging around.

Smash

Apr 23, 2013
Perth WA
The fuse that I am talking about is internally in the air conditioner unit and it is a special 240v glass fuse only from dometic.

Tonykarter15

Jan 23, 2015
Central Coast
Totally agree with Smash above. I had the same problem at Christmas and took it to a dometic repairer who dismantles the unit and found that glass fuse will have blown. The repairer also said that in the event of a power spike, these typically blow to protect the unit. It took about 1 hr to dismantle, replace and put it back together for them and they had said that typically, this is what will stop the unit from working.

Reactions: Drover

Rockape

Nov 20, 2012
Hills District, NSW
Hi,
Mine failed due to a poor wiring connection in the junction box where the wiring from the poptop sock is joined with the main power feed in a cupboard below the he pop top sock. Had the connections properly done and it's been great ever since . So if it's not the fuse, this may be the cause. Each time I raised the roof the connection would weaken, until finally the wiring came out. Poor workmanship by Jayco. I have heard of a few of these blowing fuses due to power surges though.
Cheers
Nick

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Sounds like I better get one and fit it after the RCD, as not only the AC but my fridge, micro wave and washing machine could cop it, I have them fitted at home and in shed so I don't fizz things like TV and stuff didn't occur to me about the van and it would be in areas more so where it could happen.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Sounds like I better get one and fit it after the RCD, as not only the AC but my fridge, micro wave and washing machine could cop it, I have them fitted at home and in shed so I don't fizz things like TV and stuff didn't occur to me about the van and it would be in areas more so where it could happen.
Just been googling around and surprisingly there doesn't seem to be much around in the way of surge protection.

Because Jayco use the CMS plug and play system, ideally an in line surge protector would be best after the RCD.

Pretty sure you can get the CMS tails to wire into a surge protector.