Air Bag Suspension

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
the airbags help with keeping the rear of your tug semi level however, its not a good idea to use them to support your rear end.....
I run mine(Patrol at about 10psi & Cruiser 8psi) they are to "help" dampen the downward force of the van being attached.

if your rear end is drooping too much with the van attached - new Suspension is required
if its drooping slightly, with the van attached - airbags will help

there is several pic's of mine here
http://www.expandasdownunder.com/threads/my-flamingo.3035/

also, the old adage of where you load your center of gravity & where on the chassis you have things - in the center over the axles - best place

my $0.05 worth........

cheers

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
I put airbags in the rear of the Jeep, bought them off ebay from truck springs USA for less than $100 plus delivery, I run 15PSI when towing and don't use a WDH, I run 5PSI without the van. The rear of the Jeep is quite short and it has self leveling shocks standard, tows well with the Tregg hitch, but, different horses for different courses.

gwadir

Feb 2, 2013
Albion Park, NSW
Ashevo,

You really need to distribute the weight more evenly between the vans wheels and your front tires by the sounds of it, the reason for the Treg I assume is for the articulation it provides so have you considered maybe going to a Hitchmaster DO35 for example, you could then add the HR WDH to it and remove the bars when things get a bit serious?

Dave

Ashevo

Aug 26, 2012
Karratha
Think that a new hitch set up might be in order. Have been pretty careful with weight distribution in the van and the springs and shockies are only six months old. Any Adelaide owners with suggestions of good suppliers in Adelaide? Only there for one week. Really appreciate the advice offered.

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Has anyone done or seen airbags controlled with the in cab controls using say an ARB compressor that can be used to inflate tyres also???? Don't know where to start, I have an ARB compressor but no airbags, controls etc......

@bigman0510 I have an ARB compressor and Polyair bags. I have also been looking to install controls inside to inflate and deflate and after months of looking around, finally found this http://www.airbagworld.com.au/ac-3202-kit-airbag-man-dual-air-control-kit.html the other day. $425 for the system, however in your case you would need to add the cost of the bags and fitting.

Graham

bigman0510

Apr 9, 2011
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
moranbahweather.com
Reactions: Bellbirdweb