Old & Moved A-Frame Solutions

Bushman

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Nov 9, 2010
Wollondilly Shire NSW
Awesome Burnsy, I just want to move the gas bottles over so I can get the spare out without take them off, also was thinking the other day of raising the spare, so it doesn't hang so low

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Awesome Burnsy, I just want to move the gas bottles over so I can get the spare out without take them off, also was thinking the other day of raising the spare, so it doesn't hang so low[/quote
Wise plan. I hated the spare acting as a plow. Gas bottles already outside frame. Cut the spare carrier off, flipped it, trimmed to fit on top. Made a plate with studs to engage two wheel stud holes and used threaded bolt into same central hole.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Looks great Burnsy. What do you have in mind for the extra space you have created?

Geoff
Hi Geoff, I just moved the spare from back to front to allow for the bike rack. The pole carriers have sullage hose in one and annexe poles in the other.

Cheers.

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Just a little update, I modified my frame yesterday by removing the mounting brackets that were welded underneath and welded them inside the frame, this dropped the frame by 25mm. I then cut out the rhs in front of the spare wheel.....looks better i recon. An improved version on it's way and this time will be galvanized! Still working on the pop top design, I can't spend all my time on these unfortunately although i'd like to :)

Picture 1091.jpg Picture 1092.jpg

Reactions: xpanda and hamish22

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Hi all,
Just thought i'd let you know that i'm also doing rear bars, at the moment I have an order for a rear bar with swing down bracket for spare wheel. I then have another 18-57-6 (on road) to modify, rear bar for bike rack then a frame similar to mine on the front to remove the "spare wheel plough". Also on the go is hinged gas bottle holders which will be galvanized and simply bolt straight on to replace existing holders.
I'll get some pics up as items are complete.....maybe start a new thread!

Cheers.

macca

(aka maccayak)
Mar 20, 2012
Victoria
[quote I'll get some pics up as items are complete.....maybe start a new thread! [/quote]

Or a website!

Burnsy

Mar 26, 2012
Newcastle
Just like to give my complete approval for Burnsy's work.
Just had a job done through @Burnsy and am stoked with his work and professionalism.

So for those of you interested in @Burnsy doing some work for you I guarantee you will be satisfied.

I am!
Thanks for the plug mate.....I owe you a beer! :)

Xpandafan

Seriously Likeable!
Aug 24, 2012
Kealba, Victoria
Hi all,
Just thought i'd let you know that i'm also doing rear bars, at the moment I have an order for a rear bar with swing down bracket for spare wheel. I then have another 18-57-6 (on road) to modify, rear bar for bike rack then a frame similar to mine on the front to remove the "spare wheel plough". Also on the go is hinged gas bottle holders which will be galvanized and simply bolt straight on to replace existing holders.
I'll get some pics up as items are complete.....maybe start a new thread!

Cheers.
Jeez...You've reminded me to do the hinged gas bottles on mine. The note must have slipped off fridge!