7seater to tow 17ft van?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Thats what I thought @achjimmy , I wonder what the RVD says, I may look one day but it's all theory I think.

PSS:......That means the Colorado could possibly have a GCM of 6.6 t, 3100 GVM and 3.5 t tow.......Ha.

Reactions: bigcol

Matho

Feb 15, 2015
Carnegie
G'day guys
Just after some opinions on a suitable tow vehicle for our family with 4 young kids to do a trip around Aus. Towing a 17ft expanda. The 200 series cruiser would be best but expensive on purchase and fuel. Other thoughts are 100 series 4.5 duel fuel. Cheaper to buy but unsure pf towing ability and fuel economy on gas? Upgrading our 08- 2.5lt pathfinder for the v6 model unsure either petrol or diesel.
Any advice appreciated.
Thanks tony
Hi Tony,
Went through this scenario before we bought the expanda. Big thing for us was the comfort in the third row for the kids as you have them squished in there for many hours at a time. The only options that really ticked that box for us were the disco and the GL merc. Looked and looked for months and got a great deal on a used merc. Tows like a dream.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    930.1 KB · Views: 245
Reactions: Smergen and bigcol

Anthony Hope

Nov 28, 2015
Emu Creek
Hi all
Thanks for all the advice. Thinking about leaning toward stretching the budget for a 200 series. Wondering what economy I could expect to get towing a 17ft OB expanda around aus hoping to get an 08/09 diesel. Thanks again.

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
Hi all
Thanks for all the advice. Thinking about leaning toward stretching the budget for a 200 series. Wondering what economy I could expect to get towing a 17ft OB expanda around aus hoping to get an 08/09 diesel. Thanks again.
Not sure about that years economy, but our first trip was a shocker fuel wise. Think it was something like 26L/100km on the way up north and then 24L/100km on the way home. We leave in approx 2 weeks for our trip around the country, hopefully the economy will be better! Will keep tabs on it and post for you.
Forgot to say, our van is the 21-64OB (3100kg) and there are 6 of us in the 2016 cruiser, which has been modified (lifted, different tyres, HD suspension, etc, etc) so that also plays a part in economy.