79 Series or SR5

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
Nah no offense taken, don't be rude I couldn't probably afford one either and am lucky to have a boss that allows me to use the car in such a way, especially with a 4 week trip to WA coming up. I'm a motorbike man so car brands don't come into the equation except for Bathurst then I'm a Ford man.

Back to the stressed engines, I reckon they're only stressed depending on how you drive them, even when towing 2.5t. Mates a service foreman at a Mazda dealer and he's had a customer on their third engine in a Mazda 6 but he says the car is thrashed, engine management systems and computers give him the full picture of how the vehicle is driven so no hiding any more.
Bit off topic but what do you ride. Do we have a bike thread on here.

Reactions: DWWood

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Bit off topic but what do you ride. Do we have a bike thread on here.

Rode (past tense) a Road King, sold it November as I hadn't ridden it in 6 months. Having 2 young boys (6 and 9) most of my spare time revolves around sport which is Saturday and Sunday and on the off chance we get a spare weekend we nick off in the van.

Eyeing off a Street Glide at the moment though but would love something pre 1980 that I can tinker with.

Do you ride @WHHEMI

Reactions: bigcol

WHHEMI

Jan 18, 2016
Yarra Valley
Rode (past tense) a Road King, sold it November as I hadn't ridden it in 6 months. Having 2 young boys (6 and 9) most of my spare time revolves around sport which is Saturday and Sunday and on the off chance we get a spare weekend we nick off in the van.

Eyeing off a Street Glide at the moment though but would love something pre 1980 that I can tinker with.

Do you ride @WHHEMI
Been riding for 20 something years on a lot of different bikes, the latest is a KTM 1190 adventure.
14359124_308710939495690_181462438972781059_n.jpg

DWWood

Jun 26, 2016
Yarra Valley
Been riding for 20 something years on a lot of different bikes, the latest is a KTM 1190 adventure.View attachment 48209

Been riding for about the same time and it feels weird not having one in my garage. Very nice though mate, lots of them getting around these days. Have been tempted to take one for a test ride but I have an inferiority complex and choose to ride Harley's to make up for it!

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
okay :ban: everything to do with motorcycles, as you know I stacked mine back in July and still haven't fully recovered, the KTM adventurer was on my list after I got rid of the Harleys (Road King and Wide Glide) but bought a 2015 DL1000 Suzuki instead, 45 years in the saddle and bang no more so off with you lot and let me forget.................................please (love the KTM)