500/600w kings invertor.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Anyone used a Kings 500w or Ridge Rider 600w 12/240 invertor ??
Full sine wave jobs.
My Belkin 400w job has carked it, only got the thing in 2005, just used to charge laptop, phone batteries and drill, can pick up a Ridge Rider in Gunnedah otherwise Kings in Canberra......

Ran the meter over it hoping it was the plug, cable, fuse holder or switch alas no its in the board so its in the bin...

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
Well I bought the Ridge Rider 600w job, thought if it clags it finding a Supercheap to swap it out is easier than a Kings joint......... sometime this trip the weather might improve so I can fit it, when I need to use it I can easily jury rig it anyway ................ Be interesting to see how it goes.

1DayIll

Apr 26, 2016
South Morang, Victoria
Well I bought the Ridge Rider 600w job, thought if it clags it finding a Supercheap to swap it out is easier than a Kings joint......... sometime this trip the weather might improve so I can fit it, when I need to use it I can easily jury rig it anyway ................ Be interesting to see how it goes.
Let us know how it goes. I am looking at maybe a slightly bigger one for my van.

Reactions: Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
I managed to fit it whilst in Canberra and while I haven't wired it with a point inside van, yesterday I gave it a run as I sat outside with laptop plugged in via a small extension cord ( my power station is set up in boot) and it worked quite well, though a laptop charge isn't a big load for it..... Once back home will run a 240 cable inside and mount a power point along with the remote .....