16' Series 3 more sleeps = 16.49.1 Outback!

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Thank you!
I've had her 6 days and can't wait to get out on the road. I've been tinkering all weekend transferring stuff from our Hawk working out where things go and how things work. (Thanks to this site!)
We are Sooooo not going to know ourself's in the Expanda!

Steve
I bet there may have been some sitting in it "pretending we're camping" moments

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Our first night was spent in the driveway, followed by 1 night 1.5kms from home at a caravan park, had to start somewhere :)
Our van will be stored at my work ....... could take the family to the factory for an "adventure" weekend, and put them on the tools and get some work done. Be almost like them helping to pay for it !!!!!! (I suspect they see right through that, and Ill end up the one "paying for it")

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
Yep it was fun @davemc Luckily we were so close to home as we didn't pack the table, two cheapo fold up chairs broke when setting up and run out of beer, bloody stressful setting it up the first time. Took longer to get from to and from the Caravan Park gate (8 kph) to the van than it did to drive home from the park. Lots of lessons learn't from that effort. We were very very green much to the amusement of people around us :).

Chris and Mandy

Oct 6, 2014
Melbourne
Congrats mate. Hope you and your family enjoy. We are 25 days away from our 16.49.4 being delivered and cannot wait. Already organising our first long weekend getaway.

Reactions: steve67

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cheers, our maiden voyage is next week! Off to Echuca on the Murray River for Melbourne Cup long weekend.
You guys will be counting the sleeps!
Echuca was going to be our maiden voyage over the Melbourne Cup extra long weekend ...... but not locked in to anything just yet. great spot and a good, reasonable tow distance to get a feel for the van without being to far away.

Reactions: steve67

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
OK...Yesterday we arrived safely in Echuca on our maiden voyage! Towed well with no problems...strong head wind though.
Noticed a couple of things...
  • One nav light not working.
  • No reception on radio when under bench light is on.
  • Cant plug a power board directly to outside plug because of the moulded plug (had to use extension lead)
  • Split in mattress sucks! Im swapping to the other side tonight!
All can be fixed and apart from that, we are all very happy!!

Attachments

• 191.JPG
    191.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 205

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@steve67. All fairly low end issues.

Ive never slept on the mattress joint, thats my partners side. You may nor realise that boogie men always come in through the bed end (where they eat me first) .... apparently they never never ever ever come through the door. To suggest so is simply ridiculous. I didnt know any of this before i was learn'ed up. Me being eaten first, allowing her to escape; she wouldnt want to whinge about the zip. Small sacrifice in the circumstances i think.

Put a lot of thought into hasnt she?

Last edited:

jandl

Mar 18, 2014
Perth
I have been allocated the seam in the mattress side and it was uncomfortable the first trip. We have bought an eggshell mattress topper and now I sleep very well and rarely notice the join in the mattress. Small investment for a good sleep .:)

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
I have been allocated the seam in the mattress side and it was uncomfortable the first trip. We have bought an eggshell mattress topper and now I sleep very well and rarely notice the join in the mattress. Small investment for a good sleep .:)
Use the same and Mrs Dagree hasn't complained since ;)

Reactions: bigcol

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
Thanks, is that the one that I have seen at Clark,s Rubber and sells for about $200?
PS. Swept sides last night, and slept like a gem!

steve67

Oct 9, 2014
Wantirna, VIC
@steve67. All fairly low end issues.

Ive never slept on the mattress joint, thats my partners side. You may nor realise that boogie men alwas come in through the bed end (where they eat me first) .... apparently they never never ever ever come through the door. To suggest so is simply ridiculous. I didnt know any of this before i was learn'ed up. Me being eaten first, allowing her to escape; she wouldnt want to whinge about the zip. Small sacrifice in the circumstances i think.

Put a lot of thought into hasnt she?
Agree, all very low issues now that I have swapped sides! For last night anyway.
Now that we have slept on both sides, it will be interesting to see who is going to get the seam side tonight! She hasn't woken up yet, so it must be ok?!?
Love the boogie man story!
Has anyone else got a convincing story to spin to the mrs??:argue: