2016 Hilix Photos leaked

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
One of these would look great parked next to my 14 Prado.....so check argument.......darl you get the Prado and the camry, which you hate for its lack of power and access, gets traded for my, I mean A, new Hilux...what could go wrong with that thinking.......
Id be last seen driving the Camry .... just with a black eye as a reminder not to be an idiot, and reinforcement of how lucky I am to have the Camry

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Or you can look at it the other way. Total GCM is
If you tow 3500 kg, you can only carry 300kg in the car.Similar with Colorado.
If you need the 3.5 ton towing, you can do it, but with limitations.
I actually prefer Toyotas method. It's 2500, regardless of vehicle payload. No confusion or Gray areas, and to be honest, it a more realistic figure. 3.5 ton being towed by a basically unloaded ute is not ideal.
I'm critical of Toyota when it comes to the Prado 2500 tow rating. I see it as ensuring 200series sales. But on hilux I think they have it right.
I agree .... but at 3t (Ive got a Navara) Its the ignorance and never mentioned GCM that makes a joke of the advertised tow capacities

With any of the newer so called 3.5t utes with a full tank of fuel, avg family, van ball weight and no more than a fruit platter in the tub .... none can legally tow more than the 3000kg of my 3t rated Navara.

Last edited:

Wilko

Dec 20, 2012
Parkes NSW
Hi All,

I've got a 2012 Hilux for work that I use to tow my 17.55.5sh. It is well made, I've done 308000km and it doesn't rattle in the cab and it has never let me done. But The original clutch was worse then crap. Why oh why did Toyo put a clutch out of a Yaris in a Hilux only they will ever know, It was gone within 30k km without any towing, and the power is terrible (compared to the competition).

I've got an Amarok for myself and love it. It is chalk and cheese between the Lux and the Rok.

Lets hope Toyo put a stronger clutch and a more powerful engine in the new one or the highest selling 4wd dual cab wont be any more.

Cheers Wilko

Reactions: Sammy D