20/63-1picked up

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
20/63-1 picked up our new Expanda on Monday the 8th been away for a week to lakes entrance to try every thing out all good very big thank you to Paul and the team at Gippsland Jayco in Bairnsdale for all there help. Does any one know of were can get canvas bed fly in vic . I will post pic when i take some more when it stops raining . We towing this van with a AWD diesel territory and hi highly rec one of these cars towing we getting 12.5lt to 100kms .

Reactions: Tayla

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
Congratulations on the new van. We've just gone on our first trip too, and are also looking for canvas bedends. After looking around all the threads on this forum it appears that holiday annexes are the go for the bed ends, which apparently you can mail order. The website is www.holidayannexes.com.au.

Reactions: hmobbl

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
We are getting canvas bed ends fitted by adelaide annexe company for $220 each . They screw velcro in to the expanda lid. Apparently the press studs aren't good enough for the canvas and will pop of in the wind. They will fit velcro to the privacy screens too so we can use them in summer. If u wanna add a window it is $137 each. We didn't even open the bed end windows on our last trip, so we didn't bother. The shop said we can always add them later if we need them and it will cost the same. Apparently the windows are expensive because they are a lot of work, nothing to do with the materials used.

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW
We got ours from Holiday annexes, a little more expensive than those mentioned above, but with the sail rail, light weight, comes with 3 windows and screens included we are very happy indeed. I ordered it, had it in three days and took less than 30mins to fit, so I am happy to recommend them. See below picture of fitted item. Press studs against the van to hold the ends in place, it doesn't use the studs in the roof I could see how they wouldn't like the wind.

Cheers

Paul

image (8).jpeg

Reactions: Jaypanda

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
We got ours from Holiday annexes, a little more expensive than those mentioned above, but with the sail rail, light weight, comes with 3 windows and screens included we are very happy indeed. I ordered it, had it in three days and took less than 30mins to fit, so I am happy to recommend them. See below picture of fitted item. Press studs against the van to hold the ends in place, it doesn't use the studs in the roof I could see how they wouldn't like the wind.

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 15668
How do the sail tracks attach to the lid? We're booked in to have our bedends done in a few weeks....can always change our minds. If u don't mind me asking. ...how much did yours set u back? They look awesome!

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury

Cheers

Paul

View attachment 15668

We had the press studs on two sides let go in EXTREME wind at Hall's Gap a couple of weeks ago - wind gusts were amazing - having said that we stayed nice and dry - still HIGHLY recommend.

Bill

Reactions: Jaypanda

Billrw136

Jun 20, 2011
North Rothbury
How do the sail tracks attach to the lid? We're booked in to have our bedends done in a few weeks....can always change our minds. If u don't mind me asking. ...how much did yours set u back? They look awesome!

They attach with pop rivets and sealant - easy to do.....

Bill

Nemesis

Apr 25, 2013
Albury NSW

As Bill states above the sail tracks are fastened with silicon and then pop-rivets. The kit comes with the rails pre-drilled, you just make sure they are even and then put the silicon on the back, then push firmly up against lid so they follow the contour and drill then pop in a rivet, just following down the line. As I mentioned above it took the wife and I less than 30 minutes, they supply everthing except the rivet gun. The cost was $570.00 in total including postage, everything.

I will have to keep an eye on the fastenings on mine in the wind, no issues so far, but nothing a couple of sewn strips of velcro wouldnt fix.

Cheers

Paul

Jaypanda

Apr 22, 2013
Adelaide
As Bill states above the sail tracks are fastened with silicon and then pop-rivets. The kit comes with the rails pre-drilled, you just make sure they are even and then put the silicon on the back, then push firmly up against lid so they follow the contour and drill then pop in a rivet, just following down the line. As I mentioned above it took the wife and I less than 30 minutes, they supply everthing except the rivet gun. The cost was $570.00 in total including postage, everything.

I will have to keep an eye on the fastenings on mine in the wind, no issues so far, but nothing a couple of sewn strips of velcro wouldnt fix.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul. Will have to weigh up our options

Melon2155

G'day brotys, we also have the 20-63-1 and think it is the best van we have owned. Prior to this we had a 18" expanda then a 21" Sterling , but this suits us perfectly. It tows exceptionally well , even without the WDH installed. Getting around the 15 - 17 Litres / 100km. We installed the Holiday Annexes bed ends as well and can highly recommend them. Had a couple of " sideways rain " events and the bed ends stayed completely dry. As mentioned by others , they were very easy to fit . They dont fold away with the bed ends , but are very easy to put up and take down. We went with Australia Wide Annexes for our annexe and are also very happy with this. But i did see a Holiday Annexe on another van and it looked very well made and fitted. I think they also go under the name of Valley Canvas. Be careful with your weights using the Territory for towing. My van weighed in at 2400kgs with very little in the van and the tow ball weighed in at 240 kgs with no water in the front tank and very little in the front storage. The Territory max weight for towing is 2700kgs with a max ball weight of 270kgs .

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
G`day Melon2155 you would never change this van ha its got every thing ha i am looking at bed end covers from holiday annexes , we have a Tebbs annex and love it had it made to what we wanted , had 3 other Tebbs ones on our other Jayco`s , Weight is ok with Territory had it over a bridge came in at 2570 kg we not use water tanks ball weight is 210 kg i got one off those tow ball weight scales best thing i have ever brought . territory tows van awsome . Only problem i find with van is not a nuff storage space down back and seem to put every thing up front but the wife is a very good packer and light one to think i lucky there lol