17 Triton's 2018 Journey Deluxe OB

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Now that the Starcraft has gone from the shed I thought I should start a thread on the new van we have on order. We have ordered the Journey Deluxe 17-55-9 OB which is the single bed floorplan the same as @chartrock has and @Billrw136 had although a bit of a revamp in 2018 with new coulor scheme inside which we are keen to check out in the flesh. The kids will now be outside in swags which they love. We aren't getting the van until May which was our choice as we have no trips planned until late in the year.
Options are:
Extended drawbar
Centre jockey wheel
Dropdown picnic table
Real leather
Water filter
160 solar upgrade

Still considering an extra battery, delete microwave for cupboard and 16" wheels.
The Journey has heaps of things standard which were options with the Starcraft like large fridge, roof air, smooth walls, Jcontroller(drifter contoller), stereo,Tv.etc

Smergen

Jun 8, 2014
Bacchus Marsh
Like it @17triton! Can't wait to see the new van. Not sure if I mentioned to you, but I'd keep the microwave. You can turn a microwave into a cupboard (we store bread and rolls in there) but you can't turn a cupboard into a microwave (unless you park it sun side at Marble Bar).

Toolbox mod for draw bar already in the planning?
DIesel heater? Might bring the Gecko over for a two for one installation... :)

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Like it @17triton! Can't wait to see the new van. Not sure if I mentioned to you, but I'd keep the microwave. You can turn a microwave into a cupboard (we store bread and rolls in there) but you can't turn a cupboard into a microwave (unless you park it sun side at Marble Bar).

Toolbox mod for draw bar already in the planning?
DIesel heater? Might bring the Gecko over for a two for one installation... :)
Not sure on the toolbox yet smergs as the drawbar has a very nice tray we might be able to strap things to or for firewood? Still deciding on the microwave but the lack of use in the past and the height in the Journey are the main factors. Sounds good with the diesel heaters mate, do yours first for a refresher lol.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
that was quick.. I thought you waiting for a while.. Be nice to see what the new vans look like I gather wait for Melb show?
The van sold a lot quicker than we expected. We didn't really advertise just a couple of expressions of interest on fb as we weren't selling before our Xmas holidays in Warrnambool but we did and they picked it up after we got home. We will be keen to see the new models in Melbourne.

Reactions: davemc

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
Just a thing on the windows. On another site they are complaining that they use gas struts instead of the clicking type.
After about an hour or so they start to close and jayco know about it

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Bit of an update on the van as we should have it in a few weeks hopefully. We ended up ordering the extra battery and deleting the microwave for an extra cupboard (time will tell whether I made the right call there). We picked up a couple of Sirrocco fans from the Melbourne show and have also bought a Eberspacher D2 diesel heater to go in once it arrives.

JS4910

Sep 21, 2016
Gladstone Central Qld
Bit of an update on the van as we should have it in a few weeks hopefully. We ended up ordering the extra battery and deleting the microwave for an extra cupboard (time will tell whether I made the right call there). We picked up a couple of Sirrocco fans from the Melbourne show and have also bought a Eberspacher D2 diesel heater to go in once it arrives.
Matt where did you get the Eberspacher from and what sort of $$$$, just going through the minefield now of choosing a heater to put in our new 19.63-1.

Also, were you not happy with the Planar in the Starcraft?

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
Matt where did you get the Eberspacher from and what sort of $$$$, just going through the minefield now of choosing a heater to put in our new 19.63-1.

Also, were you not happy with the Planar in the Starcraft?
We were very happy with the Planar and was in the mix but have heard nothing but good about the D2 so thought I would try that. My Dad has one in his Coaster bus for years with no issues. When i saw @JT76 picked up his from the Uk for just over a grand I jumped on it and got mine for $1098 on Ebay but unlike him getting taxed $50 I copped $200 which took the shine off it a bit and I am still chasing the mounting plates for mine and @Kenshi123 who ordered his at the same time. Still cheaper than anything I could find over here.

JT76

Jan 24, 2016
Central Coast
Yes in the end I got screwed with import duties too. Only found out a week ago when checking cc statement. When they called they mention something like a $59 duty but I was charged no mention of any other charges but it ended up being more like $275! Called them and there were custom charges of $50 some other duty of $59 then the rest was taxed at 10% on full price ($1098) not the $1050 ish I paid and I was taxed on shipping (which was free shipping to me). In the end I think they were just making stuff up and charging me. First d2 I bought was from heatso and was landed with mounting plate and shipping for under the magic $1000 so no extra charges but my $1050 bargain turned out to be more like a $1300 ok deal.

Anyway first world problems.

17triton

Feb 24, 2013
Ballarat
image.jpeg

So this happened today!!! Collected my new baby from Ballarat Jayco. The van had everything we ordered and handover was smooth, we have found a couple of little things that will need to be attended to on the first service but all in all very happy with the new addition.