16.49-3OB Pick up today!!

Vaughan Reeve

Nov 25, 2013
Accessory buy up today, because we have really nothing for the van, not even a dust pan and brush it was a big buy up day today. I picked up the Milenco XL Mirrors and level wedges. The wedges are so clever I had to have them. You basically arrive at your spot place the gauge inside the van at your level spot, it tells you how far you need to elevate to make the van level at a scale from one to four then you drive the van to that level and there is no need for chocks very clever.
Tomorrow is clean n polish day, then begins the stocking up for our first trip in eighteen days. Cannot wait.

I'm also looking for some feedback on the Milenco XL mirrors, looking at getting some for the Navara before i pick up the 17 in Feb...

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
I'm also looking for some feedback on the Milenco XL mirrors, looking at getting some for the Navara before i pick up the 17 in Feb...
I'm impressed with them, they are easy to fit, I think they look good, your electric mirrors still work. When you pull up just slide out the rod and put them away. No straps to worry about.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Sounds like fun :) and I guess we'll be doing the same in a few weeks time.
I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Milenco XL mirrors too. We're looking at buying a set for our Prado-Expanda combo.
What else did you buy with your Jayco voucher?
Cheers, S&P
Well we got the mirrors of course, folding step, locking hitch pin, security hitch lock (purple line, very good) two large chemical additives for toilet, the starter kit with extension leads water drinking hose, sullage hose and brass connectors. We got $3 change.

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Opened up the cutlery draw and the are two bottles of polish, cleaner wax and liquid wax, so what should a new owner do on such a lovely day?? Well just use it, and me being a car nut couldn't help myself, check out the reflections.
image.jpg
image.jpg

S&P

Oct 7, 2013
Yarra Valley
www.sefiiraforge.com.au
Opened up the cutlery draw and the are two bottles of polish, cleaner wax and liquid wax, so what should a new owner do on such a lovely day?? Well just use it, and me being a car nut couldn't help myself, check out the reflections. View attachment 19288View attachment 19289
Looks great. Never used van polish & wax, once we get ours you'll have to show us how - we're slow learners though, really slow :)

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Looks great. Never used van polish & wax, once we get ours you'll have to show us how - we're slow learners though, really slow :)
Starting with a new van certainly makes it easier. Our van was nicely prepared for us but nothing beats "looking" at the finish giving it a good polish. Jayco must own a silicon filler factory, they do use a lot of it, polishing removes just about all of it on the outside. I even use good'ol Mr Sheen, it takes it off very well, use a micro-fiber cloth though, works great on the windows too.
As a hobby I do polish cars so the van was a doddle to do and I'd be more than happy to show you.
Cheers
Greeeny

Greeeny

Oct 5, 2013
Cheltenham, Vic
Happy Campers!
How was it behind the Prado? Is your Prado petrol or diesel?
Cheers, S&P
Our Prado is petrol, the model I wanted in diesel is a bit too underpowered, I've tried both, the wife wasn't too keen on diesel either, ( she drives the Prado most of the time when we are not towing). It towed really well, our model has air bag suspension, at Page Bros they we not keen to fit a WDH, they would sell me one but not fit it. After much studying I'm fitting the rig with a HR one. There is a really good business called Swift Caravan Services in Kilsyth Vic. They are a great source of info and they recommended I fit one, they fitted the P3 brake controller too plus wiring the Prado to suit the Expander. Next week I'm getting the whole rig sorted by them and wiring up a hot wire to the fridge that is switched to the ignition, no more flat batteries.