18' Series Where do you put your waeco/engle fridges?

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
Can't resist this!

Our Engle lives in the shed now as it isn't used on either short or long trips.

The 150l fridge in the van is more than sufficient for our needs and the Engle sits happily at home so doesn't need to be chained, carried, powered or filled. It was always necessary when we had the Swan but not with the Expanda....another bonus for us.

Sad!

Reactions: Drover

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Cooks the chips on the bottom and either the burgers or fish up top. (I upgraded my original one to the double decker one. Cooks to perfection!but, my old broken one is kept in the van.......just in case...) google it.
They cook burgers and chips .... and they come in 2 storey. When I said id take it; I was only joking then, but im not now

Reactions: dagree and Smirke

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
The 150l fridge in the van is more than sufficient for our needs and the Engle sits happily at home so doesn't need to be chained, carried, powered or filled. It was always necessary when we had the Swan but not with the Expanda....another bonus for us.

Sad!

As I sit here in the Tardis looking at our little fridge, thoughts of a 150lt job in it's place evolve.........cut bench, move AC and power points and stuff, doable for sure but the price of a 150lt van fridge is absolute BS,visit to wreckers, hmmm, plenty of time for planning just in case an opportunity arises.

Reactions: bigcol and Smirke

mfexpanda

Apr 1, 2011
Brookfield, Vic
As I sit here in the Tardis looking at our little fridge, thoughts of a 150lt job in it's place evolve.........cut bench, move AC and power points and stuff, doable for sure but the price of a 150lt van fridge is absolute BS,visit to wreckers, hmmm, plenty of time for planning just in case an opportunity arises.
We have a 190ltr in the van but the engel is the beer fridge those front opening fridges don't like to be opened constantly ;)

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
You can squeeze another 3 Engels into the shed on wheels

Reactions: bigcol and Drover

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
But Mrs D keeps wanting to use my Engel as a freezer because the shoe box in the van can only fit one steak in it..............looked at a 40lt Engel for $750 fridge freezer might have to raid the piggy bank, but I think it's run away, then I'd have to keep it powered as well as the other engel, aarrgghh more power, more $$$, more mods, a viscous circle...................a campers vortex is consuming us....(just watched Doctor Who, okay ).............will contemplate at Elliot Heads while fishing...........take my mind off my sister also, not doing good at all......

Reactions: bigcol

Roosterman

Jul 18, 2015
Hunter Valley
But Mrs D keeps wanting to use my Engel as a freezer because the shoe box in the van can only fit one steak in it..............looked at a 40lt Engel for $750 fridge freezer might have to raid the piggy bank, but I think it's run away, then I'd have to keep it powered as well as the other engel, aarrgghh more power, more $$$, more mods, a viscous circle...................a campers vortex is consuming us....(just watched Doctor Who, okay ).............will contemplate at Elliot Heads while fishing...........take my mind off my sister also, not doing good at all......

Get yourself a 20ltr engle mate, perfect for a little extra freezer space, in fact you would be surprised at the amount of food you can store in there, I have one and cryo all my meat and there is plenty of room, I will add though I use mine when veh based as an addition to my 40ltr...the other thing with them is there not that big, so doesn't take up much space when touring.....food for thought

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth

Get yourself a 20ltr engle mate, perfect for a little extra freezer space, in fact you would be surprised at the amount of food you can store in there, I have one and cryo all my meat and there is plenty of room, I will add though I use mine when veh based as an addition to my 40ltr...the other thing with them is there not that big, so doesn't take up much space when touring.....food for thought

I second (or third) that vote
I have
1 x 32L Engel - freezer
1 x 40L Engel - drinks & nibblies
1 X 15L Engel for drinks & nibblies on the back seat

32L engel.jpg 32L look like this one

40L Engel.jpg 40L looks like this one (without the dent on the side, and in a bag)

15L Engel.jpg 15L tis a great thing - 12V fridge - not one of those cooler thingys

check out your local Gumtree, Cash Converters, even "old" mates no longer going camping etc

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
I second (or third) that vote
I have
1 x 32L Engel - freezer
1 x 40L Engel - drinks & nibblies
1 X 15L Engel for drinks & nibblies on the back seat

View attachment 35158 32L look like this one

View attachment 35159 40L looks like this one (without the dent on the side, and in a bag)

View attachment 35157 15L tis a great thing - 12V fridge - not one of those cooler thingys

check out your local Gumtree, Cash Converters, even "old" mates no longer going camping etc
I understand the obsession that can develope for an inanimate object

Like a diesel heater