18' Series Where do you put your waeco/engle fridges?

formyfamily

Aug 8, 2015
NSW
Wondering where or how people use and store their waecos? we don't want it in the car and would like to keep it portable (so we can have it in car for day trips if necessary. But wondering where people put them when at cp or free camping? do you keep it under van, in annex? somewhere inside van? do you move it inside van at night time to stop theft?

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
When we had the Grand we usually set it up next to van on a stand but chained to the chassis or if just an O/N or didn't trust things, just left it in the back with a long light weight 240 cable running from the external socket on van, I made a panel so I could lock the vehicle up but still have the cable safely powering the fridge, check my page for info.
Now with the Colorado tray back with shed fitted it sits in the back and can be running all the time.

Reactions: bigcol

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
We have 2 x 40L Engels that we take. They travel in the van and when we set up, we put them next to the van but we chain them to either the axel or step or some other part of the van. We are hoping to get a box made and have a slide out on both sides. One for engel and one for BBQ, as this also has to travel in van

Hubble80

Nov 22, 2012
Moranbah, QLD
I put my Waeco in the Cruiser when we travel and parked up I sit it on a stand and secure it through one of the wheels with one of the anti-theft generator cable things.
If we are doing a quick overnighter I just leave it in the Cruiser and let run off battery, hasn't ever cut out, but I set the low battery cut out high enough so I will have power to start the car in the morning.

Reactions: bigcol

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Overnighters and weekends we leave ours in the back of the Prado plugged into 240V when parked up otherwise it's on 12V from the second battery..... Longer stays it's under the awning (Or in the annex if fitted) on a stand and chained to the wheel.

Tricky

Nov 10, 2012
Eltham Victoria
We keep our s in the car when travelling or for short over night or couple of days stays. If we use the annex then it sits inside on a stand for the vegies and cans...

Middo

Apr 25, 2014
Brisbane
In the back of the vehicle mainly but when we put it in the annex when in a caravan park, we make sure it is chained up. Also have 2 light motion sensors setup on the annex arms.

Drover

Nov 7, 2013
QLD
There's some low life around even out camping, mine is chained to a drop down leg or wheel, won't stop them but slow them down. Probably flog the stuff from inside but they may not get the fridge or stand............have it chained to the van tonight as it's being used as a freezer and a pain to run 240 into the Ute ATM. Same mongrels probably steal your crab pots as well.
Mind you most places and people are good though .
Places like Innskipp Point near Rainbow Beach QLD is getting that bad they have to put their chairs and table away at night, I don't bother camping there now too much theiving.

Reactions: Delano

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
are people that bad they steal stuff and it all needs to chained up?!

how do you chain things, any photos please?
Its generally not the occupants of the caravan park, its more the town locals. The location of the caravan park plays a big role. Some caravan parks are walk throughs to access the beach etc where all sorts wander through. Every caravan park and area is different. Many places i leave everything lying about.

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
I only ever leave chairs and the table out, but they are usually bundled together with a chain

low life's in every place, most are just opportunistic, some are just downright flogs - and if they get caught, thats what they get

never trusted myself with something that has
a metallic click and a sliding sound before a subtle slightly Loud Boom........................
too many oxygen thieves, and never enough rounds