18' Series Where do you put your waeco/engle fridges?

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
Mine sits on a stand next to the wheels, just back far enough that the door can be opened without hitting it. Always chain mine up, I use a high tensile plastic wrapped steel cable like this one.
We were at Barwon Heads last year and like @Crusty181 said that park has access from the foreshore. There was some local turds that were knocking off whole eskys full of beer and ice and then dumping the eskys. They then turned their attention to kids bikes and anything else that wasnt bolted down.
I had actually just gone into town that day to buy the cable because the neighbour had had 4 bikes and his esky taken the night before. I had locked the bikes and the Primus to the wheel of the van in the annexe and the following night they still had the cheek to pinch all the beer out of the Primus without waking us up! If it hadnt have been locked up they would have taken the lot for sure!

Last edited:

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@formyfamily we're possibly sounding a bit doomy and gloomy but its just something to be mindful of. If you would be worried about leaving something sitting on your front lawn, dont leave it sitting around your campsite.

Ask the office staff what the theft rate is in the park when you book in.

Reactions: Drover and dagree

AzHaych

Mar 15, 2013
Beaconsfield, Vic
we're possibly sounding a bit doomy and gloomy but its just something to be mindful of
Yeah good point bud, I'm not as experienced as half you guys on here. But in the last two or so years we have done more than a dozen trips and this is the only incident.
If you would be worried about leaving something sitting on your front lawn, dont leave it sitting around your campsite.
Once again wise words from the man himself

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
ok thanks, would be interested to see your slide out set up when you do it smirke, sounds good.
I pinched the idea from someone on here. We will get our box made and get them to put the slide in it for us. (Bought the waeco slide that fits our fridge as it looked better quality)

Reactions: dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Ive got a handful of those clip on fishing rod bells ... anything thats a potential target that cant be locked up, like the surfboard ill put a couple if ockies on and clip on a couple of ghe bells.

Reactions: dagree and AzHaych

Smirke

May 9, 2014
Palmyra, WA
@formyfamily , I just use a bike lock that I bought from Kmart. It's the one with a key (keeps the jayco keys company). The way I figure it, the Engels over a grand and I know I don't want to "give it away". On saying that, I leave all my kitchen tools out there on the table at night (ie pizza maker, bread maker, actifryer, etc).

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
@formyfamily , I just use a bike lock that I bought from Kmart. It's the one with a key (keeps the jayco keys company). The way I figure it, the Engels over a grand and I know I don't want to "give it away". On saying that, I leave all my kitchen tools out there on the table at night (ie pizza maker, bread maker, actifryer, etc).
Id take actifryer ... cause it sounds cool, but im not sure what it is.