20' Series Well we have decided to upgrade to a 20.63-1 OB

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Actually, speaking of the new van - does anyone have any recommendations on good caravan covers for the 20.63-1? I want something that will protect the van, but that also breathes etc (don't want mould and other nasties growing - particularly in our NQ wet season!) - also want to be able to access the door easily, without having to take the whole cover off each time etc.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

achjimmy

Jan 24, 2011
Actually, speaking of the new van - does anyone have any recommendations on good caravan covers for the 20.63-1? I want something that will protect the van, but that also breathes etc (don't want mould and other nasties growing - particularly in our NQ wet season!) - also want to be able to access the door easily, without having to take the whole cover off each time etc.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated! :)

The dealer should have covers. We bought a coast to coast one I think. But it was soft and we never had issue with it sweating whilst the van was outside. It also had a big zipper section for the door. The only things to be careful off is put rubber corners in the solar panels to prevent tearing ( they come with patch kits too) and watch your windows because they rub even if tied down. We never did it but I have been told the trick is to put glad wrap on the windows before storing? Of course you need to clean the van before covering it. Maybe consider custom storm covers for the gas bottles and drawbar as well.

Reactions: Flossymk1

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
Im in Melb (save the jokes!!), and I briefly used a 4 ply Premier style breathable cover, and although our summer is short it can get pretty hot and dry. After removing the the cover to use the van on one occasion, I notice a couple of bubbles on the roof, one large one the size of a dinner plate, like the fibreglass was de-laminating. With the cover left off, I checked a day or so later and the bubbles were gone ... I assumed they were caused by the heat build up under the caravan cover. The heat the build up under the cover on a warm sunny day was extraordinary.

The bubbles reappeared once more, so I never put the cover back on after that; and the bubbled roof never returned. Our 2009 16.49.1OB sat outside for 5 years from new to when we sold it a few months back, and with regular washing and polishing look pretty much as it did new.

Reactions: Flossymk1