20' Series Well we have decided to upgrade to a 20.63-1 OB

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
After much deliberating we have decided to sell our 17.56-2 that we purchased earlier this year, and upgrade to a 20.63-1. Sounds a bit crazy I know, but having done a few short trips in the 17 (our first ever van), we have realised that the 20.63 would suit us a lot better!

So if anyone is interested in buying a 2013 17.56-2 that is practically brand new, I have posted an ad in the 'for sale' section - van is located in Townsville North QLD :)

So now we have to wait until October for the new van - exciting times ahead!

dagree

Mar 3, 2012
Perth. WA
Thanks @dagree! And lol - well I'm still sticking with an Expanda though, so not a complete deserter hehehe :p
Just had a look at them online aswell....... HMMMMMMM so tempting but as there are only 2 of us most of the time the 17'er will do us for a while (Maybe when the grandkids get a bit older I may be able to convince the "Boss" ;) )

Reactions: Flossymk1

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
Ok it's official - deposit on the new van has been paid! Now the wait till October begins, and I need to get cracking and sell the 17!

Features/extras on the new 20.63-1 are:

Double fixed bunks
TV antenna
Bike rack
Drifter panel
Extra power points
Shelves in robe
TV bracket
Waterproof bed end cover
Picnic table
Upgraded fridge/freezer
Upgraded solar
Radio
Washing machine
2nd external gas bayonet (they are checking to see if we can have this)

Phew! I think that's about it lol :p

brotys

Jun 15, 2013
leongatha
Great work can't beat the 20 we love ours . You will be counting down the days till yours turns up . Good luck with the sale off your 17

Reactions: Flossymk1

Bellbirdweb

Jan 24, 2014
Sydney
Ok it's official - deposit on the new van has been paid! Now the wait till October begins, and I need to get cracking and sell the 17!

Features/extras on the new 20.63-1 are:

Double fixed bunks
TV antenna
Bike rack
Drifter panel
Extra power points
Shelves in robe
TV bracket
Waterproof bed end cover
Picnic table
Upgraded fridge/freezer
Upgraded solar
Radio
Washing machine
2nd external gas bayonet (they are checking to see if we can have this)

Phew! I think that's about it lol :p

With your gas bayonets, if you are getting one at the rear, check that they put it on the outside of the chassis.

They mounted ours on the inside, so I need to crawl down under the van on my back to find it and plug it in.

I'm asking them to relocate it at the first service.

relgate

Superstar
Staff member
Feb 2, 2012
Sydney, NSW
With your gas bayonets, if you are getting one at the rear, check that they put it on the outside of the chassis.

They mounted ours on the inside, so I need to crawl down under the van on my back to find it and plug it in.

I'm asking them to relocate it at the first service.
I might be guessing, but I think there might be a new reg for that. Most of the new ones ive seen are tucked away behind the chassis rail

Flossymk1

Apr 29, 2014
Brisbane, QLD
I might be guessing, but I think there might be a new reg for that. Most of the new ones ive seen are tucked away behind the chassis rail

I asked the Jayco dealer about the 2nd gas bayonet location, and got the same answer.. Guess I will have to wait and see where it actually ends up when we get the van!