Victorian Police Caravan Blitz

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
Reactions: dagree

Doc

May 2, 2016
Hobart, Australia
My understanding is that this is an education campaign by vicpol, vic roads etc. Yes, they will be using scales etc, my understanding is that they will be giving people the opportunity to correct issues wherever possible as the objective is not to penalise. Only my understanding...

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
half of me agrees and think its a great idea

other half is going - blocked roads - tempers flaring - happy copper at 9.00am will be aggro copper at 2.00pm - happy camper at 9.00am will be pi$$ed off driver at 11.00am

good in theory - and my hats off to those trying to do the right thing with education

just think it will be like Mansfield and 4WDs
no one goes through that town anymore if they are driving a 4wd - as they are constantly picked up and stickered

still trying to find out what happened with the similar thing QLD coppers and such did at their Caravan show - they were advertising for you to bring your Van, and they will check it out free of charge

never heard any more about it

Reactions: Drover and dagree

Bluey

Mar 31, 2014
Australia
We had a police blitz start in vic when i left saw one all the way to border but saw heaps in NSW and continue to do so todays count 4 in 400 odd ks all where hiding with radars out be carefull @Crusty181 and @warren cook not to mention the numerous cameras on poles theres heaps of them but signs warning that there comming up so if your not paying attention your gone

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
We had a police blitz start in vic when i left saw one all the way to border but saw heaps in NSW and continue to do so todays count 4 in 400 odd ks all where hiding with radars out be carefull @Crusty181 and @warren cook not to mention the numerous cameras on poles theres heaps of them but signs warning that there comming up so if your not paying attention your gone
I drive like nanna .... and I love the coppers

Crusty181

Feb 7, 2010
Mentone, VIC
If I get booked for speeding whilst towing my van, I'll be framing it.
Ive got a Navara, so I need to be very very careful with speed ... along with brilliant design and driver comfort.

Imagine the carnage and Russian Roulette we'd be risking just taking the family on holidays if the average Joe was left to decide for himself what he should and shouldnt be doing. Thanks to the Constables, at least most think twice

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
We Patrol owners usually carry a tow rope for just that purpose....to help cruisers go forward when in trouble.

No use for it on the Patrol; it doesn't make it go faster. We may be slow but we're steady.

8-)

bigcol

Nov 22, 2012
Swan Valley Perth
you have to let Landcrab owners have their dreams, and aspirations

their dreams - not breakdown on the way.
their aspirations - will get to the campgrounds

dont you know its not nice to crush someones dreams @Dobbie

Reactions: Doc and dagree

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
My dream is to be able to afford a landcruiser 200...... so I won't crush that.

In the meantime I appreciate the Patrol ....most of the time...except when I go up a big big hill.

:focus:

I really support anything that police do at this time of year to get the stupidity under some sort of control. Rushing away for holidays at peak times seems to bring out the worst in some people and I can understand why there are more accidents ....a combination of that frustration and plain stupidity imho.

and if that includes a blitz on caravans, so be it.

Last edited:

Dobbie

Jun 18, 2014
You too!

I'm minus a van and minus the inclination to be on the roads if I can avoid it; and fortunate to be able to get away in less busy times.

Reactions: bigcol and dagree

DRW

May 29, 2013
Beautiful Burrum Heads QLD
We have had a heap of vans roll around the sunshine coast, not speculating on any of them but when I see a Prado with a 20'+ van with a boat trailer on the rear and a boat on the roof you just know he is running close to the wind. (not bashing Prado's either......this time)
Might just be time for a wake up call to many

BigSkiddy

May 7, 2013
Bargo NSW
half of me agrees and think its a great idea

other half is going - blocked roads - tempers flaring - happy copper at 9.00am will be aggro copper at 2.00pm - happy camper at 9.00am will be pi$$ed off driver at 11.00am

good in theory - and my hats off to those trying to do the right thing with education

just think it will be like Mansfield and 4WDs
no one goes through that town anymore if they are driving a 4wd - as they are constantly picked up and stickered

still trying to find out what happened with the similar thing QLD coppers and such did at their Caravan show - they were advertising for you to bring your Van, and they will check it out free of charge

never heard any more about it

Unfortunately how else do you educate someone other than hit them with a dose of reality.
I'd love to slap on a uniform and give some education. I'd still be happy at 2pm.
I don't understand why some people don't get it...it's commonsense. And please don't anyone talk about bringing in a special licence to tow caravans.
If people want to take and tow everything under the sun, just buy an American Truck and get the appropriate truck licence. Rant over.
:peep: