Tone's Mq Triton Exceed

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
Sold my old trusty steed today, had it advertised 12hr before it was gone. Had so many people after it. Must have been too cheap. I hope the MQ gives as good a service.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
Just got back from weekend away to Halls Gap towing the caravan. Cruise set on 102 most of the way up on the flats, left in Drive letting it do its thing. A little spirited mountain windy driving around using manual and paddle shifts which is great for on off throttle windy roads. Driving home drove in manual and cruise again. Filled up when I got home averaged 16.6l/100km not too bad with only 1000km on the clock. Will be putting a bigger tank in soon.

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
A quick update of my ute. Got the ARB Summit bar and OME fitted last week. It added about 40mm lift which it more than I wanted but that's ok will work with it. I ordered under body protection at the 4x4 show as the gearbox is a little venerable. I'm going to pick up a GME 3350 this morning and order an SJS canopy.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Looking good.
Have you disabled the drivers seat belt chime yet. Best Thing I have done.

MDS69

Jul 6, 2014
Unplug the WHITE connector under the drivers seat closest to the console. DO NOT unplug the yellow one which will throw up an air bag fault which I think is a dealer reset. Disconnecting the battery wont do it.

MickL

Feb 28, 2016
SA
Coming along nicely mate. I like the look of the phone set up with gauges etc. What mount is it on and what app is that? I'm about to retire an old Iphone so could be a good use for it...

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
In using OBD Fusion as the app seems to work the best, tried a few different ones. It gives you EGT, Engine Load ect the phone has a magnetic mount with a little stand from Repco all double sided taped I hate screwing things on. I also put a dual USB charger in the back. The IPhone is jail broken so when the car starts the iPhone resprings fires up the app connect and rotates the screen ready for use. When power disconnected the phone locks.

Reactions: dagree and davemc

Tone

Nov 27, 2014
Warrnambool
The suspension upgrade was well worth it. I was a little worried that the ride would be a lot stiffer but thankfully it rides great. Handled tough roads much better, which are most of the roads around here.